• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 lube question

BenSamp

.270 WIN
After reading a few posts on "how wet or how much lube to use" for the 930 spx my gun was made 1-11-2011 is this the 3rd gen. What I'm trying to find out is where do I oil the gun, how much do I use and how often.

Per Mossberg, they specify to lube it very lightly; especially in the Gas Piston area where the spent gas are exhausted.

I like to keep my firearm's bolt area more on the wet shine, but not dripping or runny. The trigger group area, I used a teflon dry lube spray...goes on wet, then dries with a white coat of teflon. I'm one of those, that will do a detail clean and lube after every shooting outting...even if I only shoot 25 rounds. I'm a big fan of Breakfree CLP and Militech lubes.

Since I just got my SPX..I will have to experiment on how much and types of lube..which depend on how dirty the ammo shoots.

My 930 runs completely covered by FrogLube and I generally get 800-1000 rounds before it even starts to jam up on the light loads...

Back