• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Security 7+1/ SPX Build

Mikedtkd

.22LR
Hi everyone,
Thought I'd show where I am in this build.
Got a sweet deal on a new 930 Security 7+1 because of a tiny factory blemish on the barrel ($520) and have been slowly turning it into an SPX-ish build.
So far I've installed the 3 piece Or3gun Comp kit, a GG&G oversized charging handle, a generic barrel clamp w/swivel, a quick detachable buttstock sling attachment, a cheap 1.25" sling and a buttstock shell holder.
I lucked out on a used ebay OEM post-97 Mossberg picatinny rail that's on it's way and I will be attaching a LPA picatinny rail rear ghost sight on it (see pictures)
The only dilemma I have now is the front sight.
I've emailed Mossberg to see if I can purchase an SPX barrel but haven't heard back yet.
The only other option is the matching LPA tall front sight that lines up with my rear LPA sight. But that would entail me having a gunsmith solder it on.
LPA has a clamp on tall sight but it wont fit on a heavy barrel, which I have.
I do have to say that the Or3gun Comp kit really makes a difference. I shot 70-80 rounds of everything from military buckshot to clay loads without a single hiccup.

Thoughts?
Comments?

Mike D20210808_085206.jpg 20210808_085050.jpg

Last edited:
Well I tried the XS shotrail Ghost ring sights but they were a bust on my heavy barrel.
May be selling the set in marketplace at some point.
Contacted Mossberg and they don't sell the SPX barrel by itself anymore, so my LPA rear ghost sight and OEM picatinny rail are useless now.
May look for an SPX barrel in Marketplace when my 30 days are up.
But for now I'm going to make the best out of a plain barrel bead sight!
My neighbor just gave me a brand new unopened Orange Tritium XS Big Dot front sight kit he won last year at our club raffle.
I finished JB welding it on over the supplied bead and have it clamped for overnight curing.
My neighbor also gave me a Nordic Heavy barrel clamp with picatinny rail attachment for a couple dozen of my chickens eggs (that's how we do it in the boonies)
I have a 200 lumin Monstrum light w/pressure switch I'll be attaching to it.
When it's all put together and passes my range trials I'll post new pics of this updated build!

Last edited:
Here's the updated build
May replace pressure switch with the on/off cap. Not a fan of the cord running down the side as it could get hung up on something. I'm a big proponent of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)
20210816_141726.jpg
20210816_141757.jpg

Last edited:
Back