• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 slings and sling mounts

poomwah

If there's already a thread about this , I apologize.
Please show me your 930 slings and sling mounts. Please be sure to mention what brand they are, and if you like them or not.
Thanks everybody :]

I'm thinking of using the mount on the stock and attaching a qd there. Should I get a mount that goes between the forearm and the mag cap?

I wouldn't unless you've used it on another weapon and know that you like it. You'll spend a lot of money for the QD mounts, swivels and such. I don't like HK hooks and those sort of attachments because they move around too much. I like the swivels I use on my shotguns because they stay pretty still. No twisting. The worst attachment I ever had was a Magpul ASAP on an AR with an HK hook single point. It made so much noise, got tangled constantly and I absolutely hated it. If you get QD mounts, make sure they are non-rotating sockets or limited rotation.

I would stay away from any forward sling mount that fits between the mag tube and extension since this type can cause a gap at the joint on the inside of the tube and create a binding issue with the mag spring.

Check out the barrel clamp models from Nordic Comp...

Barrel Clamp...

https://nordiccomp.com/product/nc-shotgun-tube-clamp/

QDA plate...

https://nordiccomp.com/product/qda-for-nordic-components-barrel-clamps/

or the railed clamp...

https://nordiccomp.com/product/nc-shotgun-tube-clamp-wrail/

There are a couple different sizes depending on which barrel you have, standard , heavy barrel, etc...

excellent point LES, I hadn't thought about the gap inside the tube that could be created.
that barrel clamp you listed is already on my shotgun, I just didn't want my sling mounted that far forward

I like that setup Misery.

There are a couple different ways of doing it. I do like the way the swivel is on the side of the stock which makes more sense than the underside of the stock, to me anyway. Especially carrying it.

There are slings like the Gear Sector 2 point, which can be used with adapters that wrap the stock and create a sling point on the side of the stock. Actually, you can probably purchase just the adapters and use nearly any sling of your preference.

I like the barrel/magazine tube mounts too with a QD, but ill second the limited rotation.

EDIT

just read LES' post about canting the mag tube extension. Good point I hadn't considered.

excellent point LES, I hadn't thought about the gap inside the tube that could be created.
that barrel clamp you listed is already on my shotgun, I just didn't want my sling mounted that far forward

There's also Magpul's forward sling mount...

It's pretty small and could be added just in front of the extension. Has both QD and hook attachment options. I have one on my 590A1...

you know, I was just thinking. The mag tube extension and the nut are two different pieces. SO... if you put a piece in between the foreend and the nut, as long as the hole in the mount is larger than the diameter of the tube, the tube could be threaded down to where it would contact the same as original with no chance of a gap

CDM Gear has good stuff too, stuff I've used, and continue to use.

I don't like magazine clamps. They make taking the shotgun down for maintenance too much of an ordeal and scratch the finish wherever you put them. CDM makes a good clamp and protective adhesive strips but I would still rather have a railed forend. I wish Magpul or somebody would make a polymer railed forend for the 930. Attachment points for slings without having to use the plates between your magazine and extension, places for installing rails on all three sides or none at all. It would be glorious.

Back