• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 spx barrel options for Trap or Skeet...?

chrisw

Copper BB
Hey there

I'm new to the forum and haven't found a answer to my question and thought I'd post it. I have a 930 SPX with the 18.5 barrel and find myself doing more Trap and Skeet these days. I was hoping, I could get a 24" or 28" barrel for my SPX and have the best of both worlds. Obviously, I would need to remove the top rail and rear sight when putting on the longer barrel. I've spoken to the local gun shop and they said this was possible but today I spoke with Mossberg's Tech line and the Tech said that it wasn't possible to add a longer barrel to the 930 SPX. While on the phone, they'd mentioned part number #100270 (non-port, fiber optic, matte finish) when I tried to order it they said it wouldn't fit my gun....is this true?

I have to believe someone here has been in a similar situation and found a working solution. I'm going to call Mossberg tomorrow and speak with a different Tech representative and see if the answers the same.

Back