• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 spx barrel

64 ragtop

Copper BB
I bought a 930 spx for christmas for myself. I have been to range twice so far and have shot skeet with it, had a great time but I want to buy a longer barrel and Im not sure what I want 24 inches or 28 inches? Both sizes seem to be in short supply directly from Mossberg. Any opinions?

28" is the way to go if you want to do trap and skeet with it. Are you planning on selling your spx barrel?

DHonovich said:
Are you planning on selling your spx barrel?

If he doesn't, I probably will. That is, after I get a non-canted replacement from Mossberg. I'm not going to send this one out to someone else in this canted condition. (I tried and couldn't tell in the store.)

I was able to purchase a used, straight, heavy SPX barrel locally and am running it until the saga of Mossberg CS non-return emails/calls is concluded with a straight from the factory to replace the one that came with the gun.

I should probably just be looking for a trade to get into a longer barrel, once I have two (good) short SPX.

Back