• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 SPX or 930 SPX Pistol Grip

djbock

Copper BB
This may have been asked before but I am unable to find it. Am looking at a 930 SPX 85360 but am curious on whether the 85370 (pistol grip) would be a better option or recommendation. Looking for HD for myself and also for my wife to utilize in case the need arises when I am on duty at the fire station or on a military deployment.

So which would you recommend and why?

You'll get a mixed bag of replies here, but the majority will likely be in favor of the traditional profile stock.

The overwhelming majority will state that the Mossberg tang mounted safety is too difficult to operate with a pistol grip. I've used both type stocks on my 590's and 930's and while any difficulty manipulating the Mossberg safety with a pistol grip style stock can be overcome with practice, I do feel that having one less variable to worry about in a home defense weapon gives the traditional style stock an upper hand...

Thanks for the response as I had not even thought of that as far as the pistol grip. That alone pretty much sells me on the traditional stock.

No problem.

Yes Sir, the grip on a traditional stock puts the shooter's thumb in close proximity to the safety button and all in the line of sight to target. Doesn't get much less complicated than that. Keep us posted once you decide to bring one home. We'll look forward to pics and a range report...

I can live with whatever but I prefer a pisol grip when I can get one, but definitely not necessary. They offer so much more control over the swing of a long gun, helps manage recoil and so much more ergonomic of a grip, to me .
I have many rifles and shotguns without them but on a fighting gun I love 'em. I have not a problem with the safety or the slide relese, which you don't have on a 930....but my hands can easily palm a basketball so if a guy has bitty hands, LES:p, than they may have an issue reaching all that way to the safety.
If you put a Vang Comp safety switch on than its even easier
Its all about trade offs and whats important to you

Why choose? Why not own both?

Here is my Blackie with the used Mossberg Monte Carlo stock I bought on ebay.

Back