• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 spx spring issues

fnfal88

Copper BB
Hi everyone, I just bought my first 930 two weeks ago and loved it. Right out of the box it ran great on any type of loads that I feed it, from slugs to Walmart federal bulk 8 shot. I bought and installed the GG&G +2 mag extension and now I'm having issues. I tried
using the spring that cspring with the kit and it would double feed or it feed a shell and when the ramp was in the up position, all of the shells would puke out of the bottom. I tried trimming the sprimy to see if that would help, but no positive results. Then I reinstalled the shorter factory spring and it worked for 50 round and started having problems. So I took a used shot shell and cut it to 2" long and placed it in front of the spring in the end of the tube extension to put more pressure on the spring to see if that was the problem. It ate the rest of the shells with out a problem. I ordered two Nordic 12 gauge springs to see if they would be better. Any ideas what's going on? Anyone have problems with GG&G extension?

aftermarket extensions and springs for the 930 require some modifications to get back reliability. You can cut the new spring down a little at a time until you get a reliable feed.

It's a PITA but it's what needs to be done.

The stock magazine follower is a problem causer in a lot of instances. I had feeding issues with it so I swapped it out for a S&J Hardware no jam follower... SOOOOO much better.

aftermarket extensions and springs for the 930 require some modifications to get back reliability. You can cut the new spring down a little at a time until you get a reliable feed.

It's a PITA but it's what needs to be done.

The stock magazine follower is a problem causer in a lot of instances. I had feeding issues with it so I swapped it out for a S&J Hardware no jam follower... SOOOOO much better.
Thanks for the reply. The follower hasn't given me grief yet. I read that Nordic makes good mag springs, that's why I bought two. I do have question, how do you find the proper spring tension? Is there a step by step video or some literature.

Back