• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 SPX Stock Forend - Curved Rail options

Benson X

.270 WIN
I have seen the write-ups for adding a rail section to the stock forend, which is a great (inexpensive) way to get a railed forend. I was debating getting the ETA Rhino/Bobcat setup, but I can't justify the cost, weight, and added bulk. I want to add a simple rail to accommodate an AFG or an alternative mount for my Taclight if I don't use the barrel clamp.

After reviewing the 'How-Tos' to add a Magpul or UTG Rails, it seems everyone has been filing/grinding the bottom of the forend to make it flat and flush with the rail. I really don't want to do this, even though it is a minimal amount, it still weakens the integrity of an already thin piece of polymer.

Has anyone tried using a different rail that has a curved base? I found a few on Brownells that might work well if it matches the curvature of the 930 forend.

Mesa's Bennelli M2 receiver rail:
l_100005803_2.jpg

Remington Versamax Rail
l_767000954_2.jpg

Mesa's Rem.870 Rail (it is curved radius on bottom)
l_100005801_4.jpg

Weigand Ruger Mount:
l_957000035_2.jpg

Precision Reflex Rem. 7615 Mount:
l_714000009_1.jpg

LSP S&W M-41 Mount:
l_530041055_1.jpg

Precision Rem. 870/1100/11-87 Mount:
l_100010533_1.jpg

Pac-Lite Receiver mount:
l_100011118_2.jpg

A.R.M.S Rail (not sure the length of this one)
l_100004828_1.jpg

Warne Tactical Rem. Base:
l_947000262_1.jpg

Has anyone tried any of these, or a different Rail mount that has a curved radius base?

In theory, if the curvature is close, it should screw right on and be flush with the forend. Maybe I am over-thinking the whole thing, but I am always looking for ways to improve or make mods like this easier.

Let me know your thoughts! Feel free to share your ideas and opinions, or let me know if I am making an relatively easy/simple mod more difficult than it needs to be. :)

I placed a call to Mesa this morning. Dan will be calling me tomorrow so we can discuss if their receiver top rails will match the bottom curve of the 930 foregrip. I am thinking the Rem.870 model (Part# 92370) might work. It has a lower profile than the Bennelli version, and if the curve matches enough, it should be a quick 'n easy install.

I will post up after Dan and I discuss the options. He should be able to grab a few of their top rails, and slap them against the 930's foregrip and figure out if they will work or not :)

Nice, thanks for the info. Pawpaw! I will keep that in mind, and also mention this to Dan tomorrow when we talk.

Good news! I spoke to Dan @ Mesa Tactical today. He grabbed the Bennelli and Rem. top rails and found that either option will be a good, flush fit on the 930 SPX fore end. He said the Remington (Part#92370) was a slightly better fit with no gap and slimmer profile when compared to the Bennelli version. He said it was a great idea, and seemed like they were made to fit the Mossberg.

Thanks to the pioneers who had the idea, and I hope the install will be quick & easy. I will be ordering one soon, and post some pics of it mounted/installed.

Another bit of good news....I did some more digging and found a Millett mount for the Rem.870 that will also work. I placed a call to Millett to see what size mounting hardware they include (#6-48, #8-40 etc.) and the call was re-routed to Bushnell (I guess they are the manufacturer of the rails???).

Before I could get an answer, the guy asked for my contact/shipping info. and said he will be mailing me a rail at no cost with the necessary hardware included. I guess they had a batch of rails ship out w/o any hardware, and he wanted to make sure I got the hardware included....

AWESOME!!! So, I have a Millett PC00107 rail on the way, and I have a couple ideas on good mounting hardware to get it installed. The rail should be here today, and the misc. h/w I had to special order from Fastenal and will hopefully be in next week.

Big shout out to Millett/Bushnell for being a bunch of badasses and sending me the rail for free. Wasn't expecting that, but I can't say no to free (it happens to be my favorite number :D)

Agreed. It is a rare occasion now when a company exceeds your expectations with CS. I also had a great experience with Sonja @ Mossberg. I called to see if they can still sell the Monte Carlo stock (Part #17635) separately, and she was quick to help and let me know they have plenty in-stock ready to ship. She was super firendly and helpful.

Not 100% sure if that's the route I want to go, but I would like to have a higher comb on the cheekweld...I have to really line up my chin/cheek just right to get a level sight picture.

Cheryl @ Havlin has been great to deal with as well. They don't have much in the way of 930 accys, but she let me know they have a few Mossy Oak breakup stock & foregrip combos (if anyone is interested)
930%20and%20935%20MO%20break%20up.JPG

The mounting hardware I ordered will be in on Wednesday, so I hope to get the rail installed this weekend. I will definitely do a pretty detailed "How-To" with some pics and pointers*

*Not to detract from the other installs and guides the other guys have done on here, but it should make for an easier install w/o having to shave any plastic off the foregrip...plus it's a PITA to find the other 'How-Tos' buried in the other threads. Having a dedicated thread might make it a quick find for others who search for it.

Back