• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 SPX Tactical canted front sight post

GLD1980

Copper BB
I have a 2015 Mossberg 930 SPX tactical coyote. It was purchased new JAN17. The front sight post has a noticeable cant to the right. Are others still having this 1st gen problem this late in the game? Is there a fix?
Im new to this forum and semi autos, and so far I'm disappointed in the 930 SPX especially at $800otd.
To Mossbergs defense they will attempt to fix the problem. They wanted me to pay the shipping costs so I mentioned how that doesn't seem fair since my weapon has factory QC issues. I can only hope this go well. This shotgun has potential.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for the advice. They did give me a label and its a gen 3, serialized 27MAY15 thats why I was curious to the issues were still having that are common in gen 3's?

Water Monkey is correct, Mossberg's QC does blow. It's a shame too. The 930 is a great shotgun, but it's early issues and current QC problems still overshadow it.

The issues seem to be more associated with the SPX or short barreled models. I have the waterfowl edition and have not experienced any issues, nor have I heard of to many with that model.

I will agree that OFM is lacking in many areas of QC and CS. They keep developing cool stuff but so many people are hesitant to buy because of the known QC and CS issues.

I was always a Remington guy until I bought a my first 500c several years back. OFM makes damn good products, they just need to fix a couple glitches in execution.

Back