• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Tactical and magazine plug? Pistol grip/mag ext.

FrankAR15

.22LR
Just bought the 930 Tactical(85330). Read the manual and it says all 930's with exception of SPX come with magazine plug.
So I removed the magazine cap and shaked and shaked. Nothing. I got a bright flashlight and looked down the magazine tube from the cap and could see the spring. No wooden dowel from what I could see.
I even called Mossberg and they said it should have one. Though she was just reading from manual also... So I'm thinking it may have not come with it, or its in there somewhere and I'm doing it wrong, lol. I don't need the plug anyway as it's not for hunting.

Anyone else get a 930 Tactical with or without plug?

Also plan on getting the factory integrated pistol grip/stock. Seen them for around $75. Anyone know a place cheaper or that takes coupon codes?

Any thoughts on reliable 2round extensions?

New to forum and appreciate any responses.

Thanks, Frank

Welcome aboard.

Can you fully load the mag tube? If so, there's no dowel. My 930 Tactical had one, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if yours came without one. I run the Nordic Components +2 extension on mine and it's been great...

Welcome aboard.

Can you fully load the mag tube? If so, there's no dowel. My 930 Tactical had one, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if yours came without one. I run the Nordic Components +2 extension on mine and it's been great...

Lol, that's a good idea. I was looking at the Choate ext but all that I have read you have to toss their spring and follower and use the factory ones instead.
Did you have to do the same with the Nordic? Is it better Quality then the Choate?

I was just going with the Choate as I believe it is the factory part with the SPX. Though it puzzles me about the spring and follower.
I'm curious if the SPX models come with the longer spring or not.

Choate is a great company, but many of the feeding issues we see with the 930 SPX are cured when the factory extension tubes are replaced. For some reason, the Choate extensions tend to leave a gap between the end of the mag tube and the extension treads that can cause the spring to hang up.

I've been running the Nordic Comp spring with their extension and have never had issues with the factory follower...

Your mag spring will need to be tuned to the overall length of the tube no matter which extension you use. You'll need a longer spring to push the rounds out the length of the extension. Otherwise, the factory spring may be too short with not enough pressure to push the two extra rounds into the receiver for loading. Cutting the spring is very simple and takes no time at all...

Sure enough, no dowel plug from factory. Strange.

After doing some research, I think you are right about the Nordic. It also has a groove so the barrel clamp won't slip.

I was looking on "limbsaver" website and I don't think they make one for the Choate pistol grip stock. For some reason the butt pad on the straight stock must be different???

Last edited:
10812 Airtech Limbsaver pad for the Choate is finally here! I just received a email from Jessica Sherman saying that it's available. Great news for those of us who have the pistol grip stock. I modified a Airtech 'grind to fit' large speed mount pad to mine and I consider it to be the very best mod I've did. I never did get around to grinding it since it worked well but I will be buying the 10812 now that it's finally out. The Air tech really takes the pain out of 3" mag buckshot and slugs . I shoot more accurately knowing that It won't hurt and flinch a little bit less too..

Back