• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Tactical Cheap today!

Romac

Copper BB
A couple of our local walmarts have been liquidating anything and everything 'tactical' at pretty deep discounts (magpul Colt ARs for $699 for instance, sold out unfortunately). I was just kind of browsing around to try out when of those cheap Nebo tac lights for my Glock 41 nightstand gun since they were so cheap at $19 (part of this mass liquidation), when I saw the 930 tactical (with breacher barrel, which I don't particularly love) on sale for $399. I back and forthed for a minute and decided to jump on it!

The good? I feel like for $399 I got a hell of a lot of gun, and I have a few hundred 12 gauge shells that have been sitting for a couple years so it'll be a while before I have any ammo expense.

The bad? I literally just bought that Glock 41. And holsters. And ammo etc all two weeks ago so the wife is extremely unhappy with my impulsive decision :/

Anyway, looking forward to reading up on these more. I'm a long time Mossberg 500 owner/fan but never had or dealt with the semi autos. Is there anything I should do prior to shooting to ensure reliability? Any good cleaning tips or FAQs will be welcomed.

I'm not planning to go nuts with mods, but if there's springs or followers that anyone recommends that enhance reliability I'm down, as well as any experience with mag extensions etc.

Congrats on the new 930.

I have the same model and it's been a great shooter. Only issue I've had with it is an inherent sensitivity to low mass/low velocity ammo. Keep it above 1300fps and you should be good to go. I switched out the factory gas system spacer tube with an OR3GUN Marine Spacer Tube and that cleared up the FTE issues...

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum...n-marine-spacer-tube-competition-model.13823/

I can now run most any ammo I found through it with zero issues. Give it a thorough cleaning before you shoot it and you should be good to go. Here's a great cleaning video from one of our members...

Back