• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Tactical vs 930 Tactical SPX ?

E350. The 2 shotguns are basically the same. The SPX is just dressed up with some cool “tactical” features. The SPX’s charging handle can be interchanged with the basic 930. A aftermarket charging handle can be purchased from GG&G.

@Jmm14534 works for me! (I have heard such features described as "tacticool.")
The sighting system on the SPX is not what I want so I will go with the 930 Tactical and modify the sighting system to my liking.
Thank you so much for your help!

@E350 I'm not sure. I believe the internals are all the same except for the JM Pro models.

My 930 has mostly OR3GUN internals. I had no issues with the stock componants, I just wanted to tinker and tweak it a bit

@E350. Good choice. I don’t like the sights on the SPX either. Spend less on the base shotgun and use the extra money the build it up the way you want it! Please post pics of your build.

The spx doesn’t allow a solid cheek weld. I’ve had it. Sold it. Point a shotgun. Not aim it. So ghost rings don’t make any sense to me after I learned to properly mount a shotgun.

The spx doesn’t allow a solid cheek weld. I’ve had it. Sold it. Point a shotgun. Not aim it. So ghost rings don’t make any sense to me after I learned to properly mount a shotgun.
Same here. I converted my 930 to an SPX then converted it back

Back