• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 vs 935 barrel compatability.

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Seems like I recall this being discussed at some point but can no longer find the info I am looking for here or elsewhere.

The barrels on a 500 and a 835 are interchangeable as long as you swap out the magazine tube and only use the appropriate ammo for the ammo/receiver combination.

Is this true of the 930 and 935? I can''t seem to find definitive info on this. I keep seeing people state that they are not compatible but the reasons offered as to why only refer to chamber length and the barrels being over bored. This is obviously not the case for the other models. (many of these same posts also state the 500 and 835 are not compatible as well, which makes me question their information)

Has anyone ever tried to actually swap the barrels to see if they fit or are actually made to different external specs?

Thanks.

The portion of the barrel that seats into the receiver is longer on a 935. A 930 barrel will technically seat fully into a 935 receiver, but the face of the bolt can go further back than the barrel and the locking lug likes to hang up on it when hand cycling. A 935 barrel will not fully seat into a 930, so the recess for the locking lug will not be in the same spot, nor will the back of the chamber be in the same spot, preventing the gun from being possible to fire.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

@OR3GUN Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know.

Back