• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

9mm AR's

Can't sbr in NY

The 16" you posted is out of stock.

I'm set on a stainless barrel. Will look sharp with the rail I got 12"

So I've started. The process. Got a rail. Back up sights. Carbine buffer tube set.

Looking at a Wilson 9mm stainless steel barrel. See if I can get one for sub $100.

See what Black Friday brings between QC10 and angstadt.

Torn between a thordsden stock or one of them weird grips. Think the thordsden is the way to go like my last AR build.
Wilson arms, or Wilson combat?

Yeah, I knew you couldn't do SBR, that's why I wrote "pistol/sbr" length since there is no physical distinction between the two.

Added:

While I sometimes write "short barrel", other times I try to be specific when it pertains to state laws that I know don't allow certain things because I don't want anything to show "intent" for wrong-doing and why I included the word "pistol".

Sorry, that's an old habit.

Yeah, I knew you couldn't do SBR, that's why I wrote "pistol/sbr" length since there is no physical distinction between the two.

Added:

While I sometimes write "short barrel", other times I try to be specific when it pertains to state laws that I know don't allow certain things because I don't want anything to show "intent" for wrong-doing and why I included the word "pistol".

Sorry, that's an old habit.

Can't go pistol route here in NY unfortunately. The unSAFE act prohibits pistols heavier than 50oz unloaded.

It literally states that.

Then that mirrors the old federal assault weapon ban definition.

Can't go pistol route here in NY unfortunately. The unSAFE act prohibits pistols heavier than 50oz unloaded.

It literally states that.
I'll. Be damned.... that's first I've heard of a firearm being regulated by weight..... WM, I'm looking forward to the day you get to move to a different state.

'94 assault weapon ban prohibited handguns manufactured over 50 ounces.

Which was the nail in the coffin for many semi auto handguns, like mac and uzi and hk94 style pistols and the likes. (though in all fairness, the HK imports were killed by attorney general for not passing "sporting purposes" :quote:)

AR pistols wouldn't have been allowed, as well as a lot of "scary" types that exist today. The Scorpion and Sig SB15, et al.

I can only recall a single AR pistol being made during the AWB and it was only done in limited numbers by Olympic Arms, and it was milled so much, it looked like a cheese grater in order to meet the max weight limit. (They didn't do it for cosmetic purposes and the action was more like a Remington 7400 or a semi auto shotgun than an AR15)

OA-98.jpg

But they were real popular in Hollywood:

Long list of movies like Spawn, Batman returns, Clear and present danger, lethal weapon 4, Miami vice, etc

600px-Spawn-OA93-1.jpg

I'll. Be damned.... that's first I've heard of a firearm being regulated by weight..... WM, I'm looking forward to the day you get to move to a different state.

It's pretty gay.

2019 I'll have enough money to move. It will then be the wife on when we bounce.

Made a lot of moves around the net on the 9mm build. I should have everything before Christmas and probably built.

Didn't do the jack lower. Torn about it but in the end I went with the angstadt standard receiver set and bolt.

Money I saved with that I moved over to a hydraulic buffer by blitzkrieg and a heavy buffer spring.

Last pieces are a lower parts kit and a trigger group.

Gonna try and snag the ALG ACT trigger and lower parts bundle for $70 on cyber Monday.

So far. Within my budget with all the deals I found.

Looking forward to see it take shape.

parts are sprinkling in. Waiting on the receiver set and barrel. It's on hold because they didn't have the bolt but a shipment should come in next week then JSE will complete my order.

My only other issue is finding a shop that can pin and weld my thread protector on the barrel to be NY compliant.

Looking forward to watching the build progress.

As for pin and welding, is simple. You can do that mostly with a simple hand drill, a piece of steel rod the diameter of the drill bit (or could even break the drill bit and use it as a pin after you are done drilling) then spot weld over top of the hole.

The main thing is you drill entirely through the flash hider (threads) and down below the barrel threads into the barrel (not all the way into the bore obviously).

Really, it's like 5 minutes of work.

Looking forward to watching the build progress.

As for pin and welding, is simple. You can do that mostly with a simple hand drill, a piece of steel rod the diameter of the drill bit (or could even break the drill bit and use it as a pin after you are done drilling) then spot weld over top of the hole.

The main thing is you drill entirely through the flash hider (threads) and down below the barrel threads into the barrel (not all the way into the bore obviously).

Really, it's like 5 minutes of work.

Oh I bet it's dick simple. Trying to get access to someone who will do it? Long Island, NY is interesting. I'm a member at a local forum. Hoping someone there will be able to knock it out for me once I get the barrel. I'll compensate of course.

39039025422_b807b8f62d_z.jpg

Was tinkering last night for a couple of hours. Installed:

Angstadt Arms lower Glock 9/40 receiver

ALG ACT trigger with 4.5lbs trigger spring - no creep at all and breaks light

Milspec bolt catch with Angstadt Arms proprietary spring, dowel pin and set screw

Noveske 60* short throw ambidextrous safety

Thordsen NY Compliant grip/stock

Probably install the carbine tube this weekend. Have the barrel out being pinned and welded with a thread protector on to be NY compliant. Should pick up next week.

Upper should be assembled just after Christmas and test fired.

Back