• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

9mm AR's

I can understand that too, but you've already said that ammo isn't working in that gun and with multiple brand mags. Sounds like you already have your answer, but I get it.

Another small point to make, hipoint uses a single stack magazine, which feeds straight from the magazine to the chamber. There are no left/right angles that you have to worry about which do allow a greater number of bullet tapers to work in that given situation. The bolt strips the round and feeds it relatively straight into the chamber.

The AR9 (uzi mags), and most all other 9mm carbine magazines are not single stack mags, so they're not going to behave like single stack mags do.

Just throwing that out there.

I get what your saying. The logic says find something that works, and stick with it. Problem solved. My mind says find the root of the problem and fix it. I truly appreciate your insight John. Don't think I'm being argumentative. Hopefully soon I'll be able to sit down with it in hand again and better determine what's causing the issue.

I didn't think you were being argumentative. Nor was I.

I think some re-profiling of the right side of the guides, and a polishing may have resolved my issue. It would chamber the 115gr. Die cut hollow points consistently, even out of position, I tried on both sides, and upside down just to verify.

I noticed that coming off of the follower, the rounds hit much higher on the feed ramp, and I think that was causing them to push hard left, as they hit the side of the guides. So I removed some of the material on the right of the guide, sending the round into the chamber a little straighter.
5f0958e8bb54333387ed1cf898970613.jpg
777e586d7743525fbdbb68a503f7f602.jpg
5550d491579c42046da024a1387f4e53.jpg

Now time to put some rounds downrange.

Back