• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

9th Circuit Court Nominee Draws Praise...From Democrats

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
If any federal area of the judicial system needs overhauled it's the western liberal minded 9th circuit. That makes the Trump nominee, Mark Bennet, a real head scratcher. Republicans are grilling him and the democrats love the guy.

Sen. Mazie Hirono, a Hawaii Democrat who has found few of Mr. Trump’s appeals court nominees palatable, raved over Mr. Bennett. She praised him for saying judges sometimes should look beyond legal precedent to reach their rulings.
“It is very refreshing to me and not only truthful in my view for
Mr. Bennett to say a judge’s experience can come into play. I just want to point that out because we have had many nominees that didn’t express that view,” said Ms. Hirono.

WE DON'T NEED MORE JUDGES APPLYING THEIR FEELINGS TO DECISIONS!

Reversing the usual script, Democrats praised one of President Trump’s federal appeals court nominees Wednesday while Republicans brought the tough questions for Mark Jeremy Bennett over his defense of gun control laws and free speech rights.
Mr. Bennett, a former Hawaii attorney general now nominated to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, had backed a limited interpretation of Second Amendment rights that was overturned by the Supreme Court.
Sen. Ted Cruz, Texas Republican, also questioned Mr. Bennett over opposition to Citizens United, the Supreme Court case that overturned campaign finance restrictions and helped pave the way for the current system.
“You took positions, taking a very narrow view of what the First Amendment protects,” Mr. Cruz told him during a confirmation hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Usually it’s Democrats who fire the tough questions at Mr. Trump’s judicial picks, but Mr. Bennett won praise from them.
Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota Democrat, asked Mr. Bennett why he backed legalizing same-sex marriage in Hawaii even before the U.S. Supreme Court had established a nationwide right.
[URL='https://padlock.link/OB-T1-desktop-rheumatoidarthritisnew?obOrigUrl=true'][URL='https://www.nerdwallet.com/ur/?nw_campaign_id=151208965164223300&utm_medium=ntv&utm_source=ob&utm_campaign=cc_mktg_paid_120417_trav_wlv_d_ob&utm_content=50d6c4&utm_term=$publisher_id$&mktg_place=$section_id$&outbrainClickId=$ob_click_id$&obOrigUrl=true']“As a private citizen, I felt it was appropriate for my voice to be heard,” [URL='https://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/mark-jeremy-bennett/']Mr. Bennett said.[/URL][/URL][/URL]
Sen. Mazie Hirono, a Hawaii Democrat who has found few of Mr. Trump’s appeals court nominees palatable, raved over Mr. Bennett. She praised him for saying judges sometimes should look beyond legal precedent to reach their rulings.
“It is very refreshing to me and not only truthful in my view for Mr. Bennett to say a judge’s experience can come into play. I just want to point that out because we have had many nominees that didn’t express that view,” said Ms. Hirono.
Trump judicial nominees, said Mr. Bennett is an exception, and they won’t oppose him.
Dan Goldberg, the group’s legal director, said the White House consulted Hawaii’s Democratic senators in making the pick.
“When you have meaningful, real consultation — real negotiations — you end up with mainstream, non-ideological attorneys,” he said.
The conservative Judicial Crisis Network, which has been the chief cheerleader for Trump’s other judicial picks, had no comment on Mr. Bennett.

They adore him because he's a leftist activist judge.

That fact alone should disqualify him, or any other judge who has any intention to sit behind a bench. From either side of the pendulum.

Looks like we got our one judge from Trump. Gorsuch

He's effectively turning on his base. They must have something serious on him and he's towing the line.

Even after they drag him through the mud and stage mass violence against him. His supporters stood by him and he stabs us in the back like this with the gun control.

We could stack the courts with conservative judges like the left did and start on a path to recovery.

But he's gonna do what he's gonna do. Regardless of how he got in.

Seems like the GOP are all too willing to sign over to gun control for some damn reason. Rick Scott (Florida), Phil Scott (VT) and seems Arizona Doug Doucey is ready to sign off on gun control.

Looks like shit is gonna go down if both sides want to disarm the populace.

Seems like the GOP are all too willing to sign over to gun control for some damn reason. Rick Scott (Florida), Phil Scott (VT) and seems Arizona Doug Doucey is ready to sign off on gun control.

Looks like shit is gonna go down if both sides want to disarm the populace.
I hope this isn’t the beginning of the end....this is terribly disheartening. You guys don’t have any alternatives to vote for either, so if both sides decide to cave in...there’s no threat to their careers...they think.

I hope independent candidates start popping up soon or a new political party is formed...give the people someone else to vote for. This is insanity and it’s beginning to smack of collusion. Maybe, you’re right WM...maybe they’ve got a proverbial gun to Trumps head. Who knows? He seems to be doing a lot of back-peddling at the moment and that’s not good at all.

Their careers should be the very least of their concerns.
I hear ya John. It’s the sad narcissistic truth of this society though...they have no fear because they have not truly considered the possible consequences of their arrogance and hubris. They feel untouchable and above the populace.

torches+pitchforks.jpg

Back