• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A Canadian Asking You Americans A Question..

This may sound stupid...but after allll that has gone on in your country...9/11...fiscal cliff...now trying to take your second amendment away....why hasn't everyone gotten together and said " you know what...f*ck this government..." gone...and attacked the white house.

I hate to say it..but it seems like the only way to change things in the world these days...is to take out those who are stopping up from achieving our objective. Hitler for example. I know it sounds extremely harsh and crude...but I'm being realistic..people cannot sit back...and wait for the government to fix problems..because those problems are not problems...they are governments decisions...if they were problems...they would have been fixed already.

I don't intend on "trolling" or being an idiot...but I just don't understand why americans havent already gone up against their government...theirs millions of you.

If i was an older man ( im only 23)...and i was happy with how i lived my life...and i saw that my country was being torn down and destroyed by government...i would do everything in my power to make a better future for my children. I may sound like a crazy mad man ( which im not) but it's just how I view the world now...especially how its going now.

I understand where your coming from.

I'm not a "younger" man, yet not very old (except to my kids and maybe a few of the "younger" guys I work with) at 37. There's an awful lot at stake, especially for my children.

Its not a stupid question, just very serious to consider and I don't think we're "there" yet. The proverbial stuff is beginning to hit the proverbial fan however and the decisions which will soon bemade by elected officials inDC may have far reaching consequences. We know BHO doesn't see the Constitution as we do and sees it as an impediment to what he wants to do, but at this moment, to rise up against govt means facing the full force of the US Armed forces, and there really isn't the intestinal fortitude for that. No one wants that and we'd much prefer to fight through the channels given and gauranteed to us in the Constitution. I believe most all in Washington would agre that such a power grab would result in civil war however, but small incremental bites out of personal freedom and liberty may go un noticed bythe majority of Americans.

I don't know what else to say without rambling, I don't have any answers and many of my views will sound extreme to some.

bubbakaloosh said:
theirs millions of you.

yeah, but only a couple hundred thousand worth a s**t, everyone else is part of the problem. The country is clearly divided in ideology, which was evident all during the vote count. It’s not as easy as marching on the White House......that would be stupid. I predict it will eventually be much like Northern Ireland.

Against the might of the US Armed Forces any civilian uprising would be quelled in a matter of days.

Martyrs would be made in the eyes of the rebellious, but that's it. There may be millions of civilians, but how much artillery does the civilian population posess? How may fighter jets? How many naval ships capable of engaging forces with a GPS guided Tomahawk from 1500 miles away?

The only way the people would succeed in any action against the federal gov. would be if there was a separation between the executive command and other high ranking military leaders. We're talking about a military coups with the intent of replacing the current administration. It's not impossible, but I just don't see that happening...

I see Greek style riots and maybe martial law from austerity measures we will have to face when we are completely bankrupt and the economy makes the current one look great. I don't see a civil war though. Most likely it will be like N. Ireland as Oli noted.

Back