• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A few questions about the 4x4

tt123

.22LR
Hi,
I've been reading a bit about the 4x4 and I think it sounds like it might be a worthwhile purchase. A dealer here has two versions, one with the skeleton stock, fluted barrel, and muzzle break, and another which is listed as being the 2013 model.

Since I'm in Europe and firearms cost a good bit more than the US, there is a $200 price difference between the older model and the 2013 model. Does anyone know which differences there are (apart from the stock)?

I'm not sure that I'm sold on the skeleton stock, though it probably isn't something I'd notice when using it. Can it be plugged, or is there a decent aftermarket stock available?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards
Jeff

I apologize for missin your post.

The main difference is the weather or not the older model comes with the lightning bolt trigger. That trigger I adjustable down to 2lbs. There are few aftermarket stocks available so that could e a factor. Depending on which caliber you're shooting the muzzle brake may come in handy.

Thanks for the reply. It has the LBA, so it's not that old a model. It's only a .308 that I'm thinking about, so the muzzle brake isn't really necessary. Actually now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen it for sale in any other calibres over here.

Regards
Jeff

Back