• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A muzzle brake question

ozzallos

Copper BB
I've noticed certain models of the 4x4 don't appear to have a muzzle break... Which is fine as it only tempts me to put something more obnoxious on it, but are these brake-less rifles threaded or just completely bare at the end of the barrel? I want a black on black with skeletonized stock like this one but it doesn't look like it comes with a brake and damned if you can tell if its even threaded.

Any clue, folks?

I'm gonna say that this one's just a plain barrel with no threading. Most manufacturers will specifically call out a threaded barrel as an added feature...

The rifles without the break are not threaded. The ones with the skeleton stock do not feature the break. They started putting breaks on the rifles in 2009 or 2010 and they will not feature the break in 2012. The black with the skeleton stock were made in the first years of the 4x4 and are no longer made. I'm sure you could find one used somewhere though.

Back