• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Accuracy patriot

Each and every gun will shoot POA/POI differently depending on the weight bullet you pick...

So, depending on what the target is...paper or breathing...select the bullet weights that make sense to accomplish your objective

and buy a few different brand names and weights ( 125 grain / 3,100fps - 175 grain / 2,600fps ) and see what works best in your gun at the distances you will be working.

It really is half the fun... ( the other half, working up your own loads if you decide to reload. )

The Patriot .308 barrel has a 1:10" twist which usually performs best when paired with 168 grain or heavier projectiles...

Each and every gun will shoot POA/POI differently depending on the weight bullet you pick...

So, depending on what the target is...paper or breathing...select the bullet weights that make sense to accomplish your objective

and buy a few different brand names and weights ( 125 grain / 3,100fps - 175 grain / 2,600fps ) and see what works best in your gun at the distances you will be working.

It really is half the fun... ( the other half, working up your own loads if you decide to reload. )
Thanks for input went with 150 grain hornady for now but going to try some 168 soon

Thanks for input went with 150 grain hornady for now but going to try some 168 soon
Thanks shooter 13 for your comments. I just bought some 168 grain hornady to try. Hard to buy good ammo here without driving a long ways. If my groups improve i will try the Sierra. I just recently started using scopes. But heard most 308s like 168 grain and then you hear people saying 125 grain. I do hope and think mossberg makes good accurate barrels. When i hear of tack drivers i usually hear savge or TC i will find out first hand.

Back