• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Action Graphic

Hagan34

Copper BB
So today while try out my 930SPX I only had one issue in the 40 rounds I ran through it. I ran some Hornady 00 Buck shot then some Winchester 3" 1 oz slugs, on the last round of this the bolt locked back as if it was empty but when I unshouldered the gun the last shell was laying on the lifter... hit the bolt release it loaded the shell and rest of the time the gun worked flawlessly.

This series of events got me thinking and I guess I don't truly understand how the action works... which bothers me and now I NEED TO KNOW...

would like to the action in well action, can anyone help?

Last edited:
errr no, but it was the only hiccup. shot roughly 40 rds and this one time the bolt locked back on shot 15 or so was the only issue I had. Im just looking for something thats show the way everything works together.

guessing I picked some poor wording, Nothing happened except it loaded the shell, when i pulled the trigger it fired and ejected the shell.... from then on it worked flawlessly.

Thanx, Hagan. That I understand. The main malf was the bolt locking back before the last shell was chambered and fired. I don't know the action and controls on the 930 well enough to offer advice.

Back