• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Action Length for the Short Action Rifles

Itsricmo

.30-06
Legacy Sports International sells a DBM kit for the Short Action Mossberg 1500 series. I was wondering, what are the chances that the 4x4 or ATR100 short action matches the length of the old 1500 series?? Anyone have any idea?

I doubt it would work because they are such different designs. The 1500 was designed by howa in Japan and the atr/4x4 was designed by someone else (the name escapes me at the moment). I have a short action 1500, mine is a s&w, but still made by howa and is the same design. My only 4x4 is a long action so I don't have the measurements or anything to help you out there.

I was afraid of that... doesn't matter now fortunately! I got a single shot receiver from a guy online for $80 and am building a 30-30 truck gun! :D I have a little side project going along with it but that is going to be the Surprise when I finish

... I am having so many problems trying to stay set on a caliber lol... 30-06 is so overly abundant right now, it would be an excellent decision... 30-30 is still pretty readily available but not quite as much, bonus is less recoil then the -06 and .243 is sweet little round, real low recoil and great trajectory, but a little scarce for my liking... I will decide here shortly but the caliber doesn't change what my little side project is >:)

rjpoog1989 said:
I doubt it would work because they are such different designs. The 1500 was designed by howa in Japan and the atr/4x4 was designed by someone else (the name escapes me at the moment). I have a short action 1500, mine is a s&w, but still made by howa and is the same design. My only 4x4 is a long action so I don't have the measurements or anything to help you out there.

Raptor.

The ATR/4x4 is much improved and refined over the Raptor, a no frills and affordable rifle from the 1999 time frame from which it descended.

wood chucker said:
rjpoog1989 said:

Raptor.

The ATR/4x4 is much improved and refined over the Raptor, a no frills and affordable rifle from the 1999 time frame from which it descended.

Okay, so do we have an action length? lol

Back