1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

advise

Discussion in 'Mossberg 535 ATS Pump Action' started by mpvick69, Jun 14, 2012.

1. mpvick69

mpvick69 .22LR

i would like to get the 535 all purpose model withe the wood but i do lots of clays trap skeet etc... but i would also like to do home defense how good is this shotgun in terms of reliabilty after 1000 rounds?
  2. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Can't speak for the 535 specifically but I don't think it will be an issue. The more I shoot my Mossbergs (500 and 930), or any shotgun, the smoother and more reliable it gets.

Aside from wear on the finish, i can't say I've noticed any detrimental wear on any of my guns, some of which have many many 1000's of rounds through them.

Keep it lubed and it should keep working indefinitely. I expect my guns to outlive me.
  3. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Agreed. Clear and concise! ;)
  4. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

While I do not have a 535, they are pretty much the same. With mine, I have well over 1000 rounds through it. All I do is clean it. And it still works like a charm...like it should.....
  5. gmaster456

gmaster456 .410

It's built on the Mossberg 500 platform. It'll last a lifetime if taken care of properly. 1,000 rounds is nothing for a mossberg pump.
  6. rjpoog1989

rjpoog1989 20g

I've had my 535 for two years, I don't log how many round I put through it, but prolly damn near 1000 by now. Works better with every round. Nothin worn out. I just clean it every so often and keep it lubed up.
  7. celt1314

celt1314 .410

It's a mossberg....bullet proof