1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Aimpoint CompM4s battery life finding

Discussion in 'Holographic/Red Dot Sights' started by nitesite, Jun 3, 2019.

1. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

It has been ON for years ands years and at pretty high brightness. It has never been OFF. Not ever touching the setting has been very cool.

I realized yesterday that it should be replaced, so I swapped it for a new lithium AA made by Duracell.

The Duracell ProCell batt that I pulled out (which has been kept ON for YEARS) had an expiration date on it of MAR 2018.

DAYUMMMMMMM I think that is doing pretty durn good for one AA battery.

That is all. Now continue with your normal conversation. :)
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Water Monkey likes this.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

How long have you had it on? 3 years? 5 years?

On a completely off topic side note, I noticed the other day that the bottle of water that I was drinking had an expiration date. No kidding.

Then off the top of my head, I started wondering how many millions of years old the water was BEFORE they put it in that little plastic bottle. :doh:
    nitesite likes this.
  3. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

I'm pretty sure it was "ON" absolutely 24/7/365 for six years. Aimpoint states that the CompM4s goes up to eight years in an always-on state.

Funny observation about the water John. Good one. :)
  4. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

8 years is an awesome lifespan.

That's 70% as long as the warranty on tritium night sights if you want to get down to the nitty gritty about it.