• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"

The AK47 is undoubtedly one of the most widely produced and distributed firearms in the world. Their simplicity in design and function, ease to mass produce, and low relative cost has made them the weapon of choice for both military and private use for decades. Not to mention they're almost impossible to kill.

So let's see those AK pics...

Re: The AK47 Pic Thread

Here's what mine looked like out of the box...

:lol: Here it is in all it's TACTICOOL glory...

I'm slowly working my way backward and getting rid of all the gadgets. I just found a great wood furniture set in a Silver Black stain that I'm thinking about picking up. It took me a while, but I've come to realize that when it comes to an AK less is definitely more.

Very nice LAZY and I must agree, sometimes more isn't a good thing. I love the "out of the box" to be honest.

I finished my conversion tonight, hope my hands and fingers heel for morning and another day at work. Man I got beat up doing this conversion but in the end very happy. The trigger is night and day difference and feels right now, nice and balanced. Now to let the .308 talk!!!!

Took a lot of the crap off the AK. Looks a lot better now...

p351470107-4.jpg

Well I just DuraCoated My Yugo M70

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00351.jpg

I may have to sell it and my Wifes HK to fund another Ed Brown!! :shock:

Nice job!

Tell me about yout process, stencils, baking, etc. I'd love to do something similar to my AK.

Well If the AK is parkerized you don't need to blast or sand just degrease VERY VERY WELL!!
DuraCoat is a two part epoxy paint that is sprayed on with a HVLP gun or Air brush and air cures.
I disassemble the AK completely and pray the base coat (Light Gray)the let that dry overnight and reassemble
then make your pattern and cut it out by hand lay it on and and spray the next color (Dark Gray)and replete
with next color (Black)

Man that is sooo sweet and I cant wait to get my Persuader to you so you can go nuts! I'm still leaning towards the tan though after thinkin about it.

Sweet!

Welcome to the club. Let us know when you get a chance to shoot it.

Congrats!

My son making sure things are on the up and up.
Romanian WASR10 GP

AK051.jpg

It sits in the safe most of the time, I get out once in a while though.

So I finally went out and shot my Polish 1960 AK-47 today. I put the target up at 25 yards and was getting 1/2 to 1" groups standing. It's pretty accurate at 25 yards so next time I'll try 50 and see how she does. I did buy a Bulgarian steel magazine for it and the bolt would always stay back on the last round and not feed properly. The magazine that came with the gun works fine so I blame the spare magazine I purchased. I think I'm pretty happy with this rifle so far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back