1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

AK47 and Variants

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

[​IMG]

The AK47 is undoubtedly one of the most widely produced and distributed firearms in the world. Their simplicity in design and function, ease to mass produce, and low relative cost has made them the weapon of choice for both military and private use for decades. Not to mention they're almost impossible to kill.

So let's see those AK pics...
    tattooo and FullAuto556 like this.
  2. DaveinCT

DaveinCT 20g

Re: The AK47 Pic Thread

Picked up a Saiga last month which is getting converted back to it's intended form this weekend. I opted for the .308 version just to have that little extra kick to her.. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This kit is in the mail in black.
    http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com ... KIT/Detail
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Here's what mine looked like out of the box...

[​IMG]

:lol: Here it is in all it's TACTICOOL glory...

[​IMG]

I'm slowly working my way backward and getting rid of all the gadgets. I just found a great wood furniture set in a Silver Black stain that I'm thinking about picking up. It took me a while, but I've come to realize that when it comes to an AK less is definitely more.
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Nice Saiga Dave!
  5. DaveinCT

DaveinCT 20g

Very nice LAZY and I must agree, sometimes more isn't a good thing. I love the "out of the box" to be honest.

I finished my conversion tonight, hope my hands and fingers heel for morning and another day at work. Man I got beat up doing this conversion but in the end very happy. The trigger is night and day difference and feels right now, nice and balanced. Now to let the .308 talk!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. LAZY EYED SNIPER

What a BEAST!!!

You gotta let me know how she shoots...
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Took a lot of the crap off the AK. Looks a lot better now...

[​IMG]
  8. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

[​IMG]
  9. AC45ACP

AC45ACP .270 WIN

Well I just DuraCoated My Yugo M70

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I may have to sell it and my Wifes HK to fund another Ed Brown!! :shock:
  10. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Nice job!

Tell me about yout process, stencils, baking, etc. I'd love to do something similar to my AK.
  11. AC45ACP

AC45ACP .270 WIN

Well If the AK is parkerized you don't need to blast or sand just degrease VERY VERY WELL!!
    DuraCoat is a two part epoxy paint that is sprayed on with a HVLP gun or Air brush and air cures.
    I disassemble the AK completely and pray the base coat (Light Gray)the let that dry overnight and reassemble
    then make your pattern and cut it out by hand lay it on and and spray the next color (Dark Gray)and replete
    with next color (Black)
  12. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Man that is sooo sweet and I cant wait to get my Persuader to you so you can go nuts! I'm still leaning towards the tan though after thinkin about it.
  13. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Very nice!
  14. akgunnut

akgunnut .410

[​IMG]

My new Polish 1960 that I picked up yesterday!
  15. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Sweet!

Welcome to the club. Let us know when you get a chance to shoot it.

Congrats!
  16. VitSports6

VitSports6 20g Supporter

My son making sure things are on the up and up.
    Romanian WASR10 GP

[​IMG]

It sits in the safe most of the time, I get out once in a while though.
  17. LAZY EYED SNIPER

HAHA,

That pic is AWESOME!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  18. akgunnut

akgunnut .410

So I finally went out and shot my Polish 1960 AK-47 today. I put the target up at 25 yards and was getting 1/2 to 1" groups standing. It's pretty accurate at 25 yards so next time I'll try 50 and see how she does. I did buy a Bulgarian steel magazine for it and the bolt would always stay back on the last round and not feed properly. The magazine that came with the gun works fine so I blame the spare magazine I purchased. I think I'm pretty happy with this rifle so far. :)
  19. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Very nice! Good luck with the mags.
  20. mister_e

mister_e .270 WIN

All gone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.