• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well a brilliant idea involving a dremel tool and some headlight polishing compound actually worked out well and I have a clear camera lens again. So here she is

nytavedy.jpg

Fun to shoot and no problem ringing steel at 200 yards. Very interested in the Midwest Industries extended keymod handguard.

Really good looking gun my friend.

Well after some practicing, and reload drills my suspicions are confirmed. The BHO mags are terrible for "emergency" reloads. (When ya slap the mag release with the full mag, empty drops out, and rock the new one home). I hadn't even thought of this when ordering steel mags. But no biggie, I have 5 of each. So I'm really not hindered in any way. I'm still debating on filling the stock with something to make it more dense. But try not to add much weight.

If you don't like the BHO followers, I'll trade you straight up for them. (Steel of course)

Just tell me how many followers you need.

5?

I'll even mail mine to you first if you want so half of your mags aren't paperweights until you get them.

Also, if you're wanting to add something to a hollow stock, have you considered spray foam?

Last edited:
For you AK gurus (what I know about AK's I learned on the interwebs 10 min ago) should I have any regrets about picking up a WASR10 locally ( I handled it at the range, my buddy trying to get cash together for an AR10 build) Other than the common front sight issue (which wasn't an issue on his) is there anything else I should be looking for? He bought it a few years ago but it hasn't seen a lot of rounds.

I'm really on the low spectrum of AK novice... but I think it would be fun to own the type... just for S&G's you know.

Was it originally designed to use factory 30 round mags? Or was it a 10 round version That has been milled out? Those can have mag issues.

^ This

As long as you have shot it and it doesn't have any problem feeding from the mag (mag wobble front and back and especially side to side), and as long as the front sights aren't canted to one side or the other, those are the most common complaints about the Century WASRs.

Aside from the "not as pretty" people and of course by the brand hoes, the Romanian AK's are generally robust and a formidable AK. But unlike some, I don't really care about pretty or if Kalishnikov pooped it out personally from his workstation or not.

While the video below is kind of dark and no closeup shots, it is one of the better ones out there explaining a WASR AK magwell

Mine isn't a wasr per say, but it was built it Romania, which I guess makes it a wasr by another name LOL

I'm pretty sure it's a milled our receiver.. but no mag woble from what I remember, and I wanna say he was using the U.S made polymer mags. He's asking $400 for it, and since I've got a few bucks laying around, I might just go for it.

For the price it would be hard to say no. Might want to try an get some other mags an try fitting though.

you guys better stick up on X39.......its going away soon
Davidsons still have some Arsenals in stock ( I hear they're the bee's knees ;) ) But $1100 is just a little to much money for me to spend on an AK. I don't want anything fancy... just want something to get me started, or have laying around when North Korea/China invade o_O

you guys better stick up on X39.......its going away soon

I don't know about that with the vast numbers of countries who are, or have used x39 ammunition, but in the last few years, I've treated all ammunition purchases as if they're the last I'll ever see.

Russia vs. Ukraine ....sanctions have already begun on both the US and Russian side, they have already started sanctioning some firearms

Yes they have, but as mentioned, lots of other sources for the ammo besides Bladdermere Pootin'.

With that said however, almost all of my x39 originated in Russia.

I have some "hot" Yugo brass cased surplus, but mostly Russian.

I really like wolf steel case, I'll be pretty upset if I cant get anymore. Maybe I should get some brass case stuff an keep the cases for reloading..... if i can find them that is. This C39 absolutely launches the cases. I'm talking 12-15 feet up and 20 plus feet out.

I don't know about that with the vast numbers of countries who are, or have used x39 ammunition, but in the last few years, I've treated all ammunition purchases as if they're the last I'll ever see.

It's been horrible... everytime I go to the range I think about whether I'll be able to replace what I've shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back