• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Midwest known to be slow to ship? Ordered my handguard direct from them via online Friday evening, got the order confirmation email, but login still says processing. Just giddy to get new parts I guess [emoji33]

Yes, they were slow to ship mine too.

They make things in batches.

If you can find somewhere it's in stock, would probably be faster. It took them a couple of weeks before they shipped my handguard.

Is Midwest known to be slow to ship? Ordered my handguard direct from them via online Friday evening, got the order confirmation email, but login still says processing. Just giddy to get new parts I guess [emoji33]
going to be worth the wait, super sweet part

johnbuyingpartspic_zps8fe148e4.jpg

My wife found a guy trying to sell a G code Rommy (donkey dong) with a couple mags for $450. I'm waiting for him to call me about it if he hasn't already sold it, but no one else had even commented about it yet so I'm first in line if he goes by that.

I'm going to try to talk him down some more, but I'm pretty comfortable with the $450 price if he won't budge.

The demilled parts kits alone are going for more than that on gbroker.

I have that same face when some crazy looking burl wood comes in the mail....

downloadfile-5.jpeg

I just got off the phone with the guy with the AK and I won't be getting it. He's about 30 minutes from my house, but is across that line drawn on a map, so I'd end up having to pay shipping charges and an FFL transfer on my end to get it since it was out of state. By about 3/10 of a mile.

Bummer, but I don't feel like fooling with the extra hassle tonight.

Patience is a virtue.

Found another AK online and went to look at it.

It had less than a box of shells fired through it since he got it a week ago. Matter of fact, there was still about 12 or 13 rounds in the mag that he hadn't finished shooting from when he first got it, so realisitically, it had less than a 20 round box of ammo through it since they had bought it with their college money, which he admits had him in the doghouse with wifey-pooh.

Guy was goofy as hell and she was plain scared of it.

So, I was able to get virtually a brand new Gen 2 NPAP, 4 mags, and 280'ish + rounds at a significant loss for him, though I didn't feel guilty this time. Those two had a lot more issues going on than the gun. It was my civic duty to get it away from them.

Before I drove to his house to look at it, the guy told me it was a Russian so I was stoked to have found an already converted saiga or Arsenal.

When I got there, it was obvious that he failed world civ class AND couldn't read the English writing on the side of it that plainly said SERBIA. [rolleyes] So I point out the differences in them and that they were in fact different style guns, and got the price going in my favor.

Guy starts trying to talk the gun up and about how good the gun would be for the "zombie apocalypse" and me just being blunt and who I am stared him in the eye until he looked away and told him that I've never had the first problem from a dead man. I think he was genuinely unnerved.

Anyway, I know, pics or it didn't happen, but I can't really comply right now. I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm not going to get socks this year for CHRISTMAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back