• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not when wife was mad as hell and wanted HER Christmas present that wasn't in the flavor of 7.62x39. Guy thanked me and shook my hand as I was putting it in the car.

While I don't have any pics of it myself, here are two that he had posted online.

yugo 6.jpg

yugo 8.jpg

Thanks guys.

Though I still don't "have " it yet. Still waiting for Christmas so I can open it.

But I have a "few" goodies on standy for when I do. A few other items haven't arrived.

I am currently leaning toward refinishing the handguards Kremlin Red. That wood was so nice, but the color didn't do a lot for me.

Depending on whether or not I fall in love with the red handguards, I may gravitate towards another set of MI railed handguards like what are on the STG 2000.

Handguards are currently in the middle of a red dye and restain, but here's a few quick pics.

Straight out of the box, then after the buttstock swap, then after the sight rail and muzzle thread adapter. ;)

Christmasmorning2014003_zpsdd135af8.jpg

Christmasmorning2014005_zpsaf7ff54e.jpg

Christmasmorning2014004_zps00ed3e91.jpg

And after staining the handguards red and putting on some satin Minwax polyurethane

rednpap001_zps05797ad5.jpg

rednpap004_zps9a004ac2.jpg

rednpap002_zps1cfb17b1.jpg

Went to shoot the new one today and sight in the irons before the dot gets here sometime next week because if I have to pull the optic for going belly up, obviously, I still want to be hitting where I'm aiming.

All I can say is WOW !!

What a shooter !!!

The US made trigger on it is so light and short that the first shot took me by surprise.

I have the same trigger on my old one and I like it well too, but it isn't as nice as this one is. The new trigger is even better than what's on my AR's.

Needless to say, it's accurate, and there were no hiccups.

ohhhhhhh match AK, you may have stumbled onto somethin.

what stock is that? on the new one. and does it only fit one type of AK or universal?

Last edited:
Thanks Shooter.

I got a Bushnell TRS32 on the NPAP and I wanted to try the TRS25 on the Rommy handguard just to see how I like them, but it's been far too cold to take them out and zero them.

Darn global warming is gonna freeze us all to death.

^ Cool.

How's the sig running for you?

^ Cool.

How's the sig running for you?

Hands down the most accurate 7.62x39 platform I've ever owned (& I've run through about 25-30 of them). My only complaint is that the barrel is a bit more sensitive to pressure than I'd like. Different shooting positions shift the POA/POI relationship, but if you keep off the sling and keep the rests or supports close to the action, it will reward you quite consistently. I'd REALLY like to pick up the new 556XI with the free floated barrel...

Good to hear. I know there were some reports initially of some of them not feeding very well.

Have you looked at the new Galil's that'll be incoming toward the end of the month? I was saving for one, but I am leaning more towards a CZ Scorpion evo3 now that I just got the NPAP.

I haven't heard anything on the Galils. I've picked up guns again over the holiday break for the first time in a couple years. I took a detour starting in '12 to go learn to fly and have been pissing away discretionary funds in a avgas instead of gun powder, but the crappy cold weather has me playing with guns again now. :)

Love the Scorpion! I'm a big CZ guy, so I'm really hoping it's all it's cracked up to be as it would totally be worth another stamp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back