• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! Those Norinco's are shooters for sure. My buddy had one identical that was real nice too....until we shot it so much in one sitting we set the handguard on fire. :(
That rifle kept on trucking though, never skipped a beat. He eventually changed out the thumbhole stock for regular wood furniture.

Yeah, I set the hand guard on my Romanian AK on fire while running through a 75 round drum mag once. Freaked me out, but the rifle never missed a beat though...

I have a stamped slant cut MAK-90 that I had bought back in 93. I am going to buy the adapter from Desert Fox Outfitters so it will take a AR buffer tube and fit a Magpul MOE stock. I am not sure what type grip and hand guard to that I want to use. I am thinking of the Magpul MOE for the AK or the Hogue.

Have you seen the new magpul ak stocks? There is another magpul moe stock for the AK that doesn't require an ar15 adapter. It reminds me of a triangle skeleton stock.

As for the grip, I like the Strike Industries grip better than magpul grip.

The Magpul AK stock will not fit the slant cut receiver of the MAK. The Magpul M.O.E. AK stock would be what I want, but it will not fit my Chinese Stamped receiver. If I were use that stock, I would have to do a lot of sanding to get it to fit the Norinco and then a filling in where the slanted part that is missing. With the slant cut I have only found 2 options, the first would be a wood stock from Iron-wood and the second is an adapter from Desert Fox that is specifically made for the slant cut. I will look in to the Strike Industries grip.

Roger that. It was just a thought.

I have been entertaining the thought of using the Magpul MOE AK stock by fulling in the gaps with JB wield and sanding it smooth.

That would work but you'd lose the storage space.

The gaps I would have to fill in are will go in to the receiver not it would mostly be used to smooth off sharp edges. This is the adapter I can get that is made for the the slant cut receiver. A buffer tube that has a screw on cap on the back end could be used for storage, but I have not found one that looks very sturdy yet.

Attachments

• PK1011L.JPG
    PK1011L.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 4
My next gun is in the house :)

Arsenal SAR M9F .223
Guns & Coffee :)
idaZ4aYAj

Molon Labe
A gift from my greek friends :)
ipPvnNU7j

Ready for CQC ;-) with a Tapco Trigger in 800g (1,76lb)
p3UxSNIKj

The mount on the original top handguard will delete and the guard changed! I search for a longer upper and lower handguard till to the gasblock. Maybe the long MagPul Zhukov Lower. Any ideas/suggestions?
With the gun comes the sidemount RS 303 + AKR and this becomes the base for a Meopta ZD 1-4x22 RD Tactical with the special .223 etchedglass K-5,56ZD.

Last edited:
While I've been near DDI's hq in Knoxville, TN, I've not had the pleasure of hands on with them.

But I gotta give two thumbs up to the intro to AK Operator Union review of it. That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Caution big boy language/content

My next gun is in the house :)

Arsenal SAR M9F .223
Guns & Coffee :)
idaZ4aYAj

Molon Labe
A gift from my greek friends :)
ipPvnNU7j

Ready for CQB ;-) with a Tapco Trigger in 800g (1,76lb)
ipBXbRd0j

The mount on the original top handguard will delete and the guard changed! I search for a longer upper and lower handguard till to the gasblock. Maybe the long MagPul Zhukov Lower. Any ideas/suggestions?
With the gun comes the sidemount RS 303 + AKR and this becomes the base for a Meopta ZD 1-4x22 RD Tactical with the special .223 etchedglass K-5,56ZD.

midwest industries has extended handguards.

I like that green and black combination.

Looks good.

I like the Yugo pistols.

I have an NPAP (rifle) that I like very well. Despite the negative publicity after failing akou's "torture test".

Is the bottom one .223?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back