• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The AK47 Pic Thread

I look forward to seeing the wood finished.

Well the laquer dried nicely and the job is done. I think it came out great...

I'm really diggin the new look and I don't see too many AKs with the wood foregrip built into the handguard...

:shock: Wow, man, Thats looks great! I had never before seen one with the VFG, its sweet and the finish... WOW!

Nicely done!

^ Thanks Brad,

Yeah it took me forever to find the Romanian style handguard. I love the looks of it and it has a nice, natural feel. Guess I'm finally getn the hang of this resinishing thing. I think it came out pretty good.

Re: Romanian PSL 7.62x54r

I ended up selling this one due to poor accuracy. The first 5-8 rounds would group nicely and after that the rounds would get barrel whipped everywhere. I liked the caliber and the look/feel of the gun but having a Semi Auto AK styled gun that couldn't handle a full 10rnd mag without the barrel getting hot and flexing was disappointing.

Thanks for the tip on the M76, Sumo..

Re: Romanian PSL 7.62x54r

I hear ya Dave,

I love the looks of these Dragunov type rifles, but they're not really known for their exceptional accuracy. They are historically called a 'sniper rifle', but they were deployed as more of a designated marksman rife. Their purpose was essentially to extend the range of engagement and cover fire beyond that of the AK 47. The relatively light barrel and short twist rate combined to make a rifle that was easy to carry and could handle heavier armor piercing rounds. However, these features hindered the rifle's potential for accuracy compared to conventional sniper systems. They're still used throughout the world though and can be somewhat accurized for better results on target. Still, if I want to put up tiny groups I'll take a bolt action any day...

Here's a few pics of mine.

IoInc STG2000 in 7.62x39. I hated the furniture that came on it, and the piston is different from other AK's by default.

Although it has a shorter sight radius as a direct resort, it's a shooter and why I decided to hang onto it and "fix" it.

Steyr Hammer forged chrome lined barrel, threaded for 1/2-28 so I could use it with my Form 1 silencer

ATI strikeforce buttstock assembly with a Magpul Moe buttstock
Strikeforce grip
Samson Krail forend

STGAK47001.jpg

widowmaker010-1.jpg

Looks great! I really like that stock combo

Picking it up in February!!!! Saw it on Red Jacket Firearms and have to have it!

Attachments

• RTS_ZK_SD_4dd15f86c7e95_300x300.jpg
    RTS_ZK_SD_4dd15f86c7e95_300x300.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 223

Will is a good guy and a regular on another forum I belong to,but I admit that I've never seen the TV series.

Does this bleed off velocity to subsonic levels?

Thats pretty sweet, if I'm remembering, its internally supressed like the HK?

That is a sweet AK47, let us know what you think when you finally pick it up!

Rossignol said:
Thats pretty sweet, if I'm remembering, its internally supressed like the HK?

I dont' want to hijack the AK picture thread, but, That's what I was wondering and why I asked if it brought standard bullets down to subsonic levels.

Slightly off topic, but I have done a lot of research on the subject when I was designing mine and surprisingly, integrally suppressed service weapons originated during WWI based off a maxim design on a 1903 Springfield frame that saw limited service in trench warfare.

But they got really popular during WWII after the Enfield Delisle and Welrods and saw a lot of use in certain circles. Of course, the Germans had to counter with a heavily modified MP40 that used nothing more than bakelite baffles on their variants.

Only later did H&K copy that with the MP5SD in 1974, so the technology is not really new.

It's really nothing more than drilling holes in the barrel and porting some of the gas to be contained within the forend temporarily before moving through the suppressor and exiting into the atmosphere, but it is hard to beat it in reducing sound and flash.

Here's the Integral I built.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrh82xbGp_k[/youtube]

Rossignol - Yes, internally suppressed
Dan - I will for sure, I may get it before then, but I get my bonus in February so it will be by then for sure.

My Saiga 308 with new EOtech, fore-rail and foregrip.

For a big rifle she handles real nice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back