• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Alabama HB328

rdm76mav88

20g
"Philanthropist"
Came across something interesting today Alabama house bill 328 states: Firearms , pistols,, sale of or delivery to minors , record keeping and administrative eliminated, secs.13a-11-76, 13a-11-79, 13a -11-84, 40-12-143 amended. Introduced 3/19/2015.....ummm nitesite????

Is this saying minors can buy and own handguns?

"Status: (Introduced) 2015-03-19 - Read for the first time and referred to the House of Representatives committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security"

It isn't even thru the House of Representatives let alone the Senate. It might just be posturing by four Representative (the proposed bill has four co-sponsors that I see) but it does have some merit and I think it deserves to get thru committee and get its readings and a vote on the floor, and sent to the Senate.

https://legiscan.com/AL/text/HB328/id/1176953

I like some of the provisions in it; namely providing or delivering a pistol to someone who is under 18 years of age for the purpose of hunting, target shooting, practice or competition. As of right now, it is illegal to hand my pistol to my 17-year old son at a match and let him compete with it. Heck, it's probably illegal for me to hand my pistol to my son on my own land!!!!

I also appreciate that the proposed bull would eliminate the current requirement that the local law enforcement agency and the Secretary of State receive a notification of every pistol or handgun sold at retail by a licensed dealer in the state. I think as long as it's in the bound book of the FFL Dealer that is all that should be done for record keeping.

Thanks for digging up more info sounds like a good bill to me I saw lots of mixed emotions on facebook today! I sometimes forget that we in new hampshire don't deal with alot of gun laws like some states.....crossing my fingers that constitutional carry comes into effect here! Passed house and senate waiting for governors approval! Hope it passes so your son can enjoy shooting legally!

Back