• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Alpha to Bravo: Military base security

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Noticed a couple of minor changes at CAFB gate this morning. Here's why:

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/pentagon/2015/05/08/force-protection-bravo/26977641/

The four-star commander who oversees U.S. military operations in North America ordered domestic military bases nationwide to increase their force protection measures amid heightened concern about terrorist threats.

Adm. Bill Gortney, commander of the Colorado-based U.S. Northern Command, raised military installations' force protection level to "Bravo" after months of maintaining it at "Alpha," the lowest level of security, a defense official said Friday.

"While our [force protection level] change is not tied to a specific, credible threat, recent events have led us to recognize the need to take prudent steps to ensure our [force protection] measures can be increased quickly and unpredictably at the macro level, just as they routinely vary at the micro level on individual installations," the defense official said.

The order comes after Sunday's shooting at a Prophet Muhammad cartoon contest in Garland, Texas. One of the shooters, Elton Simpson, 30, was a convert to Islam with a long history of extremism and had social media ties to militants linked to the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria, law enforcement officials said.

Yeah, it will probably stay where it is at until something else happens or may go up if there is an increase in noise from the camel humpers.

As a side note, the Army is testing an automated "mule". They should send about 100 of them dressed out as pigs over to Iraq. ISIS will explode fecal matter into their 7-dayers at the sight of those things. Yeah, I'm not politically correct...

Ive been onto Grissom AFB a couple times, when i was doing field service for the last company i worked for. had to take the service truck through inspection. Luckily it was a simple walk around, compartments open, and underside scan with a mirror. I cant even imagine how long it would take for them to inspect every compartment, drawer, bin, and box on that thing. not to mention fuel tanks, oil jugs, miscellaneous containers..........

Got the Force Protection Alert upgrade status on my cell phone...

Guess they forgot to take me off the list... 7 years ago :cool:

In other news...

The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF).

These boys will be dropped off in Iraq and given only the following facts about ISIS:

1. The season opened today.

2. There is no limit.

3. They taste just like chicken, rabbit and squirrel.

4. They don't like beer, bacon, BBQ, pickups, nude women, country music...or Jesus.

AND

5. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in IRAQ to be over by Monday...

Back