• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Alright, I Just Gotta Ask....

cmcdonald

Boating Accident Victim
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
So before anyone jumps down my neck...I wanna be clear, I am asking, not judging.

Since Trump is supporting a ban on bump stocks and expanding background checks...what say you guys? I know some of you have already sounded off in Oli’s thread, but what about Trump?

Again to be clear...not judging here. I am your northern neighbor in the land of choking and confusing firearms laws,
perpetual unicorns and lollipops and we are lead by the head of the Lollipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz. In case anyone is unfamiliar with to whom I am referring, he is known by many names...but a few are Trudope, Trudoh, Prime Minister Hairdo Fancy-Socks, etc...so I have no talking room here.

But I’m curious how (I’m guessing...kind of) many of you are feeling about Trump at the moment and if you feel you’ve been had or betrayed or if you think he has no other recourse except to capitulate......

Personally I think DJT is just throwing the Left a bone to chew on for a while, kinda like giving a kid a slinky, it aint much but it should keep them busy for awhile.

Last edited:
Most people don't really care about bump stocks.

And the majority of gun owners understands that you don't need a gimmicky stock to shoot a gun like that in the first place.

And most gun owners don't act retarded with them.

With that said, I'm not real happy about it. And I don't even own one. It's just the fact that if he caves on something as stupid as this, would he cave on something much more important later? It hurts his credibility. And nothing he would ever do would change the leftist hate for him and this wouldn't change anything there either. They'd hate him just for agreeing with them.

If his logic is that he is doing this to compromise with the gun hating crowd, I have news for him, they won't compromise anything. And they surely won't stop at this.

I don't believe Trump is going to ban bump stocks or anything else. He has merely ordered the DOJ to look into it. They're going to come back with a statement that they don't have the authority unless Congress passes it. He may then arrange for a bill, but it will have some poison pill attached that will make the Dimocrat's heads explode and they'll have to vote it down.

He did the same thing to them about DACA. They voted it down and earned themselves a huge black eye for it.

Trump doesn't like to lose and he has more tricks up his sleeve than Carter had Little Liver Pills.

I’m not happy about it all and yes I feel betrayed. A lot of things we can argue about but this one is a big one and is actually a constitutional amendment.

There are a whole lot of other things that can be done to help reduce or possibly prevent this sort of thing from happening again. Banning any sort of firearm or component isn’t among those things. Bans around the world (and even here) tell us that prohibitions don’t work to curb the targeted behavior.

So yes, I do feel betrayed because these are purely emotional reactions where no evidence suggests that bans, both past and proposed, would have or will in the future prevent these sorts of attacks.

There is some incredible technology available that could be implemented as well as training for a different mind set. We can’t go back to the 50s. Our world view has to change. Many of us here already have that world view but while many are “progressive” in their thinking in some aspects of life (eg gender issues) they fail at the same time to realize that this is where we are now. Just the same as some would say “why can’t we go back to a simpler time when people knew which public restroom to use?” We can’t. We have left that place.

Anti gunners may lose outright but they never compromise. We have been throwing the them bones forever and have never gotten anything in return.

Every single compromise is a resignation of our rights.

If anyone does not know what incrementalism is you better wake up.

It pisses me off that he is giving an inch on the gun issue.

So before anyone jumps down my neck...I wanna be clear, I am asking, not judging.

Since Trump is supporting a ban on bump stocks and expanding background checks...what say you guys? I know some of you have already sounded off in Oli’s thread, but what about Trump?

Again to be clear...not judging here. I am your northern neighbor in the land of choking and confusing firearms laws,
perpetual unicorns and lollipops and we are lead by the head of the Lollipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz. In case anyone is unfamiliar with to whom I am referring, he is known by many names...but a few are Trudope, Trudoh, Prime Minister Hairdo Fancy-Socks, etc...so I have no talking room here.

But I’m curious how (I’m guessing...kind of) many of you are feeling about Trump at the moment and if you feel you’ve been had or betrayed or if you think he has no other recourse except to capitulate......
Don't ever be afraid to question we U.S. citizens on "what the heck are you doing down there". You are a northern brother not someone that joined to make trouble.

There was a reason I wrote the July 2016 Question of the Month thread asking if the republican party would sell out the 2nd amendment. I was worried that they might. 98% of what I see people calling for is just feel good changes. You just can't predict and stop a nut case. We could make a difference in crime and reducing the number of suicides but to many people have drank that koolaide and want to ban a weapon that kills less than fists, knives or blunt objects. For them it is the object. It's not a people issue. I call them sheeple.

July 2016 QOM. Responses are interesting to read them a year and a half later. http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/question-of-the-month-july-2016.16046/

Last edited:
Don't ever be afraid to question we U.S. citizens on "what the heck are you doing down there". You are a northern brother someone that joined to make trouble.

LOL...You got that right!

There was a reason I wrote the July 2016 Question of the Month thread asking if the republican party would sell out the 2nd amendment. I was worried that they might. 98* of what I see people calling for is just feel good changes. You just can't predict and stop a nut case. We could make a difference in crime and reducing the number of suicides but to many people have drank that koolaide and want to ban a weapon that kills less than fists, knives or blunt objects. For them it is the object. It's not a people issue. I call them sheeple.

July 2016 QOM. Responses are interesting to read them a year and a half later. http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/question-of-the-month-july-2016.16046/

Thanks guys for the replies.

I’ve watched and experienced my rights be eroded every time a Liberal government gets in power here. Despite all of our efforts and protest it still happens. The bleeding hearts always seem to win.

I also believe there is a fundamental problem at play wherever people are found. That is the notion that blaming an object is better than blaming oneself or anyone else for that matter. For by blaming and putting responsibility, more appropriately accountability on a human being for their actions will by proxy put accountability and blame right back on themselves. It’s much more pleasant to believe that things are to blame rather than people.

It would also seem there is a large cross-section of people who simply cannot fathom personal accountability. They would rather try to legislate or otherwise restrict access to whatever inanimate object they deem evil.

Humanly, as a father myself I understand why parents of dead school children are desperate. I get it. But they’re looking for easy answers and quick solutions and solace for their grief.

Last year a mentally unstable person went into a high school not far from here and killed one girl and seriously injured another with a knife...how do you explain that? What good did restrictive gun laws do for those two girls?

My belief is that we need judicial reforms and make committing crime with a firearm extremely costly.

My only issue with the whole preventing mentally unstable people from purchasing firearms...what happens when that term gets thrown at people like you and me because of what we believe? Then what?

No tool or gun ever jumped up and killed anyone all on its own.

When people resolutely refuse to look inward, refuse to see their own flaws, refuse the fact that people hurt people, torture people, kill people...then reasoning is gone, sense is lost.

There are no easy solutions to all this. Digging deep is required and that is becoming a lost art.

And knowing this I foresee disaster................

I totally don't feel betrayed or surprised at all ......Its the perk of not trusting any of it .

It pisses me off
However I realize not much works without compromise . They got to get rid of gun free zones ......like make them illegal. Then I might think its an even trade ......gun shit for gun shit. But if he gives up the stock , ups the age and there is no give on the other side then ......I still wont be surprised
Thank god its not clinton

I totally don't feel betrayed or surprised at all ......Its the perk of not trusting any of it .

It pisses me off

Thank god its not clinton

Yeah, you can say that again!

It’s too bad when we expect betrayal...but that’s the reality now.

We’re waiting on new legislation right now...they’ve been delaying it and no one knows exactly what they’ve got planned. Needless to say, I’m sure whatever they do is gonna piss off most of us firearms owners. The Liberal Party is the same party that brought about the firearms nightmare we’ve been living since 1995.

Sorry man...I can't type. I meant:
You are a northern brother NOT someone that joined to make trouble.

Trump can give away the bump stocks if we get 50 state reciprocity on CCW.

Will he actually be able to pull something like that off? Hard to say, but then again no one thought he would win the election either.

So don't give up all hope guys, because things in this world never really go in one direction.

They go around and they come around.

I have been voting since 1974 and I have voted in every major election. I have not voted for one single Republican or Democrat until the election of Donald Trump.

And of course I voted for Trump because I knew he wasn't really a republican at all, but was perfectly happy to run as an independent if he thought he could get elected that way. ( well also because Hillary was such a total douchebag. . . )

Based on the fact that Donald Trump is who he is, and he won the way he won, I would like to see him run as an independent and win the White House as an independent. I don't truly think that will happen, but I do in fact think there is a chance it will.

And this would be how the American people put the American government on notice, finally, that America is tired of the corruption and malfeasance.

Drain the swamp Donald . . . drain the swamp.

So... now many people are talking about arming selected teachers in schools, and to be honest I think its a good idea ( although I'm a Brit, so i don't count :) ), but I see there are now reports of a teacher firing a shot in a school in Georgia.... is this a set-up to show how bad an idea this would be..?

I have no idea.

Said he was barricaded alone in his classroom for about an hour.

Of course, no further details are being announced.

Back