• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

American Guns

Re: Re: American Guns

Rossignol said:
Who lets their daughter dress like that? The only reason I see is for ratings, which isnt any different than pimping her.

I sure wouldn't if I had one. Her mom doesn't dress much better. What do you expect?

Sent from my Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless using Tapatalk

I dunno...2nd episode wasn't that much better than first.

I mean, who would want a $10K Peacemaker built from scratch, when you already have Colt's masterpiece in the 1873 Single Action Army...and could have seven of 'em for that price with enough money left for a case of .45 Colt ammo !?

The B.A.R. was real nice...all 30 seconds worth.

BARrifle-1.jpg

And those jokers in the basement...what, every week he goes down there and tells them how to do their job...?!

Guess I'll give up on this show like I did Sons of Guns... :roll:

SHOOTER13 said:
2nd episode airs tonight...Discovery Channel 10pm EST

american-guns-family-1.jpg

Dang! Maybe it's the pic angle, but you see the neck on the mom? She's part Brontosaurus! And as the dad of a daughter who's apparently 4 years younger than that girl, I have to say, my daughter is not wearing jeans she has to be waxed for while she's under my roof!

I wasn't impressed with tonites show....I'm with shooter on the cellar dwellers...s.s.d.d.

/rant

Blue, my oldest daughter is just a few years younger too. No and Way.

I think it is okay. I dont think I like it as much as sons of guns. I mainly like sons of guns because they do cool stuff like the competition uzi with the 900 rounds per minute rate of fire and the helicopter gunner mag 58.

YOU CAN'T GRIPE ABOUT HOW TRASHY THE DAUGHTER DRESSES, WHEN THE MOTHER DRESSES THE SAME!!

and the mom needs a better boob job. her left "recoil absorber" is smaller than the right. and the daughter has a face like a Llama!! :lol:

SLUG36 said:
YOU CAN'T GRIPE ABOUT HOW TRASHY THE DAUGHTER DRESSES, WHEN THE MOTHER DRESSES THE SAME!!

and the mom needs a better boob job. her left "recoil absorber" is smaller than the right. and the daughter has a face like a Llama!! :lol:

Let's not pick on the looks of a teenage girl. That ain't right.

I agree. My complaint is with the parents allowing it, even more I think its done on purpose.

Has anyone ever seen the Discovery show "American Guns" ?
I just saw the episode where they sold Nascar driver Regan Smith and his wife 7 guns for $25,000! 2 were Mossbergs! What a crook! :shock: :x
On the other hand, the daughter Paige is hot! :D

I am finding the show becoming very scripted and stiff. When it seems they are talking to the "random customer" that steps aside as soon as someone "randomly" walks through the door with a killer deal waiting to happen I loose belief that this is all just happening at random. There are a lot of other small details not worthy of mentioning that are definitely scripted for added tension and drama to "keep us interested". I think there is a lot of talent in the store/shop that would be better depicted.

The gunsmith soap opera going on downstairs is another rub. The trend of wanting to watch other dysfunctional people go about their sniping of each other every episode is wearing on me. Not just with this show, but as a genre. I don't even mind that they set up the owner coming downstairs to show his people how to do something, it adds interest, but I am weary of watching other people's drama. I would love them to showcase that he has competent people doing things that we just aren't able to see in our everyday lives. I am not a gunsmith and I find the things that these guys can accomplish pretty interesting, and they are squandering the real stories of talent for the sake of drama.

The whole daughter issue is really second to what the main focus of the overall show is, she is a side note. What she does or does not wear is not my problem. If the family want’s their daughter portrayed as yet another mindless pretty girl with a lap dog for ratings is their issue 10 years from now (see other born to wealth without real life goals female celebrities). She is still young and has time to mature and I hope she is able to trade image for valuable talents to give her success in life.

The son seems to have his eye on the prize and appears to want to grab for the brass ring which is far above what most young people at his age are willing to take upon themselves in the same situation. I hope he is able to keep his head on his shoulders and keep thinking big picture. He appears to do amazing work in his own right.

I haven't watched this season yet. I have dvr'd for when I have time. I'd rather wait and watch a bunch in a row......

Rip...those are my thoughts as well....I like watching what they do...not listening to what they say ....about each other.

I watch an episode of this show here or there if I see it on. Sometimes it's interesting, I don't really care about all the drama involved.

Back