• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another 935 owner

Literally just walked in the door with it. Havent gotten to shoot it just yet, but i have a feeling the ducks wont be very happy.

Question about the chokes, The modified is in right now. For some reason the entire choke comes out, am i doing something wrong? once you put the full choke in, it drops all the way in. So im assuming its sticking or something, need to see if it will pop itself out.

Also have a maverick 88 but i needed something with some power.

I assume you tried to use the Maverick choke. The Maverick and 935 chokes are not compatible. The 935 Barrel is overbored and uses a different sized choke tube, despite them both being 12G. You will need to buy new ones for this gun.

The 935 and 835 use the same choke tubes.

Welcome to the forum!!!

What do you mean when you say it.dropped all the way in? Do you mean it just sits flush with the barrel? I guess im just confused by your choice of words.

Sent from a Barnett Raptor using alien technology!

No it doesnt sit flush. Normally every other choke will sit flush, you screw it down and your done. when i take the mod choke out it, its super long, so im assuming whatever the choke screws in to is STUCK on to the choke. because if you try the full choke once the mod is out, it slips down way inside the barrel. Like it doesnt fit.

Can you post some pics?

The choke threads directly into the barrel so I'm having trouble visualizing the exactly what you are describing. It sounds like the included choke is incorrect. It should not sit below being flush with the end of the barrel.

Sent from a Barnett Raptor using alien technology!

Yeah ill post some pics, ive also emailed mossberg about it, if i dont hear back by tomorrow ill give them a call. im also going to give the place i bought it from a call, see if they can hook me up with chokes.

will post pics soon.

29nf2j7.jpg

This is showing that the barrel has no threads at the tip, the next pic will show the complete modified choke.

1252yo9.jpg

This one shows the modified choke which is one solid piece. Its not 2 pieces like i had originally thought, Next to it, is the Full choke, which is MUCH smaller. If i put the full choke in, it slides down to the threads inside the barrel. So far down that no tool can tighten.

I need chokes just like the modified choke, that length is what i need. So its safe to assume that the chokes in the plastic baggy are wrong

That is definitely the wrong tube for that gun. That choke is way to short.

Indeed, i called up mossberg and he said that when it was shipped, the wrong chokes were inside the box, he has notations on the gun itself and even notified the store that the chokes were wrong. Store did nothing about it. Mossberg asked me no questions except my shipping information. Sending me the correct Imp Cyl, and Full chokes for the 935.

Mossberg CS is the best.

Back