• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another happy ending gun story

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
You don't read enough about these because guns are so demonized, but I'm going to share this story anyway.

This happened to my wifes' best friend last night, and who lives about a half mile away from us. They're more like family than friends.

She works in the jail as one of the nurses/emt's. He works in the mines. Kids are in jr high and high school.

She had stepped outside as the family was getting to bed to let the dog out to go. While outside, the dog took off around the back side of the house. Thinking it was probably chasing a cat or something, she walked around to follow the dog to get him.

Turned out, while she was going around one side of the house, the prowler had circled around the other and ran inside once the dog got after her.

The prowler was in a drugged stupor, and once inside, started making a sandwich and calling people on the phone unbeknownst to our friend at this point who was still outside.

Once our friend came inside and saw her, a fight ensued. Husband heard all of the commotion and came out with the gun and cornered her and subdued her until she could call the police.

Her brother who lives up the road a little also rushed to help, of course armed as well.

While struggling with her husband, she started talking in a deep voice telling them if they wanted to save the kids, they'd get her out of the house and a bunch of other incoherent things.

Anyway, in the end, she was taken to jail, charged with a host of things. I just wanted to share the good ending with you guys. Family is OK. woman is probably sobered up now asking where she is and what happened. Probably not even knowing how lucky she is to be alive at this point.

And is yet another reason why I advocate the 2A. It's not about hunting.

prowler.jpg

Fake news!! Guns are evil!!

That had to be a scary situation glad it got resolved as it did and they did not have to shoot the intruder. I have no sympathy for the intruder, just do not wish upon the family all that goes along with having to kill someone in your house.

This is the side of things that never makes the MSM. A gun was used to protect a family and subdue an intruder without a shot being fired. This is good stuff and the type of story that should be shared.

Making a sandwich and uttering incoherent statements is not acceptable, nor is burglary 2nd.

What kind of sammich...!? :rolleyes:

{ Just Kidding...glad it worked out that everyone was safe in the end. }

From what I gather, the state police detective handcuffing crack head in the picture above was a few blocks away responding to another burglary call when the home invasion call came in. So, it must've been a busy night for everyone.

Just a bad situation altogether really.
Could have been a lot worse all the way around.

My friends make fun of me for locking my garage when I am right outside mowing the lawn. Stories like this are why.

Who would expect someone to just walk in during the couple seconds or minutes you are chasing the dog? Yet there it is.

I can think of two times in my life where some just walked into the house by "mistake". One was a drunk guy at the wrong house, the other claimed they thought it was their friends house. Both of these incidents occured when I was a kid.

From what I gather, the state police detective handcuffing crack head in the picture above was a few blocks away responding to another burglary call when the home invasion call came in. So, it must've been a busy night for everyone.
I wonder if the burglar was your invader? Maybe a 2 for 1!

To be honest, it probably was. That's what I was thinking too.

We are in a pretty low crime area. Small community.

Which means you can't sneeze without someone knowing about it.

Well, I always say that the two best crime solving tools we have are 1 )dumb criminals and 2) nosy neighbors. You might have a little of both in this case.

Wow....this right here is why I lock my doors...even when I'm home. My wife used to giggle when I locked the front door and we went out on the porch for a summertime drink....she doesn't giggle anymore, now she checks to see if I did lock it....
Kudos to your friends for not bashing her head in......

Here are the list of charges:

Burglary 2
disorderly 2
resisting arrest
menacing
criminal mischief 3
false name/address
terroristic threatening 3

Happy thing that nobody was hurt.

Terroristic threatening?

I hear Gitmo is still open...

I am glad we don't have these tweakers running around here.

Out in the county it's a problem though. My wife has a black belt in American style karate and judo, so I don't worry much about her traveling about. But the school system where she teaches has had some issues.

The Jr High school a mile from her school went on lockdown thursday, when some kid showed up at school with a pistol.

I wish I could convince her to carry.

The Jr High school a mile from her school went on lockdown thursday, when some kid showed up at school with a pistol.
I wish I could convince her to carry.

Normally our carry class size is about 30 to 45. We do at least 18 a year. On 2/20 we are going to have 90 teachers from the city and county school system. This is the first time they have sent a bloc of instructors to us. [We will be using two different class sites to accomodate them.] I think it is because on Jan 1 of this year new laws took effect that allow teachers to carry on campus with their HGP.

I'll be teaching the LEGAL section of course this time. I'll spend some time getting feedback from them about their philosophy and attitude during the scenario discussions. Should be interesting.

Looks like the burglar was released.

Arrested again less than a week later

t2.PNG

released.

And arrested again today.

Probably won't be out this time for a while though.

upload_2017-3-17_21-35-18.png

People with nothing to lose act like they have nothing to lose.

Maybe we need capitol punishment for repeat offenders. Regardless of severity of the crimes after x numbers of times arrested for the same crap we revoke your freedom. Sadly even that would not deter a lot of them

Just was told she was charged with 3 counts of attempted murder-police officer; when she floored the stolen vehicle and attempted to get away again and pinned the detective in the first picture above against the guard rail, almost running over two other LEO, and another officer was injured trying to free the pinned detective.

I seriously hope the judge and prosecuting attorney who keeps letting this woman out of jail didn't get a wink of sleep last night thinking about what they've done. Not that it changes anything.

Back