Any comments on polymer tactical heat shields?

Discussion in 'Tactical And Home Defense' started by hdjkstr25, Oct 10, 2017.

1. hdjkstr25

hdjkstr25 Copper BB

Wondering if there are any pros or cons on the polymer( plastic) heat shields for 18.5 / 20"
    Mossy 500 barrels? They seem to have mostly good reviews? Help please my Mossy brothers. Thanks
  2. nitesite

nitesite Ammo Nerd Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Hello. Welcome to the great Mossberg Forum

A question: Are you considering a heat shield only for cosmetic purposes, or are you gonna run your shotgun really hard in real life?

I have never met a shotgunner who benefitted from a heat shield. But they do look kewl as hell.
  3. hdjkstr25

hdjkstr25 Copper BB

Only for looks on resale. I have a few I want to make tactical to sell, but not sure on the hottest setup that is most popular . Thanks
  4. nitesite

nitesite Ammo Nerd Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

Well then, my next question is...

Are you going to re-sell to knowledgeable buyers or to idiots?

I'm serious. People who know their stuff when it comes to shotguns, or airsoft dudes?
  5. hdjkstr25

hdjkstr25 Copper BB

On Gun Broker you dont pick your buyers! I’m trying to sell the most popular setup for the most $ in resale . Lol
  6. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

My 2 cents, don't waste your time or money trying to list anything as tactical or custom.

People who are going to be interested in the gun in the first place are going to want a clean slate. If they want to junk up a gun, they can do it on their own dime using parts that they think are the best.

Not based on what the seller thinks looks best on the gun.

Many people will strip a gun down to the basic model and sell the aftermarket parts separately, otherwise you'll probably never see a positive return on what you have invested.
    nitesite and hdjkstr25 like this.