• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone in the Fire/EMS field?

Anyone else here work in EMS/Fire/Hazmat/etc? Or how about any EMTs or paramedics, former or current? I had a wild day at my other job today working a patient off-duty. (I work at Target on the side for some extra $$$, public servants don't make much...) Would be cool to know we have some people on here in that field.

Did I mention EMS is a great skill to have when SHTF? NOTE: For the pending zombie apocalypse, be sure to recruit some EMTs/medics for your group and raid their bus before the zombies attack!

COFirefighter said:
NOTE: For the pending zombie apocalypse, be sure to recruit some EMTs/medics for your group and raid their bus before the zombies attack!

Raid it??? Hell, I'll try to drive it away will all the stuff still inside! Why walk when you can ride???? :p

I am not in that field, however my best friend is a lieutenant in the town FD. I'll post up a pic of him getting his badge. It was a small ceremony last year. He also entered in the Tuff Mudder competition this past year. He did well. Cheers to you for the service and protection you do. And you too Oli ..

oli700 said:
Wildland Fire

Nice! I have many friends in that field, wildland ops are HUGE in the county I live in, been on a few fires myself for them this year, thank God this summer was not like last year's! Granted its not my favorite firefighting field, but I gotta hand it to you guys who hump around those packs all day and then spike out at night usually for extended operations.

I always like to compare wildland ops as a marathon and structure ops as a sprint.

Are you still active on a crew? Engine boss? Crew boss? Air ops?

For the sake of terminology you would know me as a Battalion Chief.
I have been on Initial Attack for 20 years. I have made it to Incident Commander 3 and am working on Operations Chief. I am a member of a Type 1 National Interagency Team as a Division Supervisor.

How about you? I have a lot of friends in the structure agencies around here and we work real close in the urban interface. A lot of them passed through me and did their volunteer time with us waiting to be a paid firefighter.

eD6Cll.jpg

Getting sworn in^^^

L2Ryvl.jpg

Posin...^^^

You guys have my utmost respect and appreciation. And EMS does as well, particulsarly the ones who are doing it while getting paid squat. My hat's off to all of you. Thank you for serving.

nitesite said:
You guys have my utmost respect and appreciation. And EMS does as well, particulsarly the ones who are doing it while getting paid squat. My hat's off to all of you. Thank you for serving.
The feeling is mutual sir .

oli700 said:
nitesite said:
The feeling is mutual sir .

Couldn't agree more. W/O LE, we couldn't have scene safety to do our jobs on scene! The rivalry and banter between LE and Fire is fun, but underlying it all is a deep respect on both sides. It's one thing I truly enjoy about this job.

Oli- you have me by miles when it comes to certs. I have FF1 (structure), FF2 (wildland --> I have just the basic since I tend to backfill the station when major wildland calls drop), EMT, IV, Hazmat Ops (I should be receiving my Technician cert in 2012), and some others. Depending on where my dept sees me in the coming years, I'll either go to Paramedic school or get my Driver/Operator cert. Driving the big type 1 engines emergent would be so fun.

I consider myself extremely lucky to have a position with such a progressive fire dept so early in my career, keep in mind, I'm only 23, I'm the 2nd youngest on our dept! I'm very grateful for the chance to serve. It's competitive out there.

Back