• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone shooting the Federal TruBall Low Recoil Rifled Slug?

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
As the title says, are there folks here with personal experience shooting Federal Premium Tactical 12-ga low-recoil Truball rifled slugs?

Thanks for any replies!

Dave

Re: Anyone shooting the Federal TruBall Low Recoil Rifled Sl

Dave, I plan to pick up a bunch here in the near future, just havent done it yet. If I beat you to it, I'll let you know my findings!

Thanks! I'd like to hear how it performs for you. I'm hoping to order some for myself in the near future. I'm down to my last five.

The only slugs I buy. I like them. Out of my friend's Benelli M4 (M1014) somehow he hit a rock at about 200yards with them.

Impresive, even if by accident! I've never asked any more than 50 yard accuracy from a rifled slug, but I keep hearing impressive things about the tru-ball, so I'm really anxious to try them out!

Check this old boy shooting slugs 230 yards!! He's using a a Benelli semi auto but the results are pretty impressive. Just need to get know your gun..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTyCcip-ks&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Since I am down to my last five I went ahead and ordered some more from Ammunitiontogo.com

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_i ... ts_id/2136

Pretty solid price, great slug.

I keep these in my police duty shotgun (Mossberg) and at home in my 590.

My home load is Federal Low Recoil 00-Buck w/ FliteControl wad times two, then slug-slug-slug-slug-slug.

Thats where I plan to order from too! That is a very good price on those!

Rossignol said:
Thats where I plan to order from too! That is a very good price on those!

They also have in stock (at a great price) the most excellent Federal Premium Low Recoil Tactical 00-Buck w/ FliteControl Wad...

Best buckshot load I have ever encountered. I did a review on it a while back and was highly impressed.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_i ... ts_id/1869

Yep! Best price I've seen online, BUT! I just picked up a couple boxes at a gunshow for $3.50 for a box of 5! Def gonna get more, and if i dont see any at the gunshow coming up in a couple weeks, I'm ordering those too!

I just picked up 10rds of Federal's Vital-Shok Truball rifled slugs because they were on sale at a local shop. Are these the same as the LE rounds but in different packaging?

I'm excited to try them out and kinda wish I would have bought more...

Yup! The VitalShok TruBall is the same! The item # I believe is PB127LRS, havent looked in awhile. They are available, both the LE and the VitalShok, in low recoil and full power. The suffix LRS is low recoil slug.

Just ordered some of these Tru-Ball slugs from Ammunition to Go. Can't wait to try them out. :mrgreen:

goosebob said:
Just ordered some of these Tru-Ball slugs from Ammunition to Go. Can't wait to try them out. :mrgreen:

Sweet! Thats where I order mine too! Real good price on those from ATG...

Back