1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Anyone up for small game hunting in PA?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Berg500, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Berg500

Berg500 .22LR

Seeing if anyone wants to hit up a centralized SGL and maybe get a meet up hunt going? Do some squirrel, rabbit, whatever is in season. I'm located in SE PA near king of prussia/valley forge
    carbinemike and John A. like this.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I'm not near enough for a hunt, but that is a great offer.

If I was close enough, I would certainly take you up on it.
    s.saechao likes this.
  3. Berg500

Berg500 .22LR

Idk who all is around here by me but I went with a buddy last weekend and while we didnt shoot anything, it was fun being with someone else in the woods. While I enjoy being by myself and all that for deer and what not it's be cool to do a small group hunt
  4. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Love to but that's a bit of a drive for me
  5. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

That distance is very doable but right now I just flat out don't have the time. I'll keep you offer in mind when things free up. Ground hogs will be making themselves available soon and they are always in season when they aren't hibernating or blowing the weather prediction.
  6. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite "Philanthropist"

I wish Indiana had ground hogs again. Took a weekend trip to the WV panhandle a few years ago. I was amazed at all the groundhogs I saw. I've got family in and around Snowshoe, and Altoona PA. I need to go shoot with them boys. They deer hunt at 1000+ yards.
  7. Berg500

Berg500 .22LR

Ive never done groundhog hunting. Seen plenty of those little bastards in my area but never done it. Ill have to see how Im doing when the time comes because I just got surgery on my knee. I tore my patella tendon and am on recliner duty for the next couple weeks followed by intense rehab.