• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

APRIL 22 RIMFIRE MATCH

Yeah - I do on-line matches.

ANY shooting position INCLUDING front rest? Bipod?
Is there a tie breaker? Tough with only 1 per target.

I'm assuming these are rifle, yes?
at 7 or 15 yds you could add a pistol class.
End is sundown on the 30th?

Maybe Kodiak can help you out and make it a sticky for the month?!

yes,you can benchrest,if we have a tie,we will have a tie breaker target,i thought that ammo is so hard to get i would help save some by doing 1shot and not 5, 22 rimfire rifles only,
and thanks for the heads up on the end date,fixed it. ya it would be great if it was a sticky for every month.

17 HMR is a rimfire. 22 LR and 22 mag?

I sent a PM to the moderator for this area of the forum - you need more bodies.

I'll shoot my 702 and a Ruger SR22 if you add pistol (or start slowly - see who jumps in).

I'd reach out to the 715 crowd. There are a lot of new members who have joined with those.

mingaa said:
17 HMR is a rimfire. 22 LR and 22 mag?

I sent a PM to the moderator for this area of the forum - you need more bodies.

I'll shoot my 702 and a Ruger SR22 if you add pistol (or start slowly - see who jumps in).

I'd reach out to the 715 crowd. There are a lot of new members who have joined with those.

right now i would like to keep it just 22lr rifles,maybe if it gets going good we will add 17hmr and 22 mag. rifles and pistols.

Im in but a quick question

All the targets are printed on the same size sheet of 11/7 legal paper and shoots at that?

Im a n00b, im not sure what power my scope is. :lol: Its the cheap $40. Tasco from walmart with the weaver rings.

BowerR64 said:

All the targets are printed on the same size sheet of 11/7 legal paper and shoots at that?

Im a n00b, im not sure what power my scope is. :lol: Its the cheap $40. Tasco from walmart with the weaver rings.
you just print out the target and shoot it,if your scope is adjustable,it's probly a 3 to 9 power if not it's a 4 power.

BowerR64 said:

Both targets are 8.5 x 11" - the 9 bull target is horizontal and the 5 bull is vertical - though you could shoot them any way you wanted (who would know) as the objective is the same - hoe in target at designated points! :D

N1YDP22 said:
BowerR64 said:

you just print out the target and shoot it,if your scope is adjustable,it's probly a 3 to 9 power if not it's a 4 power.

Well mine has some ring on it that has numbers from 3 to 9 each number i move the ring to the magnification get closer. When im on 9 its the largest closest to me. Ill just max it i guess unless i need to put it on 6? I think its 3X9X40? does that make sence? $40. tasco from walmart its not a kicka55 one i know.

There may be a focus ring on your optic side. That will control clarity further. Rest the front of the gun on range furniture or bring/make something that will support the front of the gun - I've seen sewn up jean legs filled with grass seed work! Get control of the butt of the gun shoot when not breathing and as you 'sense' the shot entering the cross hairs.

A little reading and research may help OR grab some ammo and mags and get in the field!!

I want to see some targets. I should be at some range next week!!

rifle=144lsa
ammo=22 long
position=benchrest
score= 80 if scored with a plug 90

Attachments

• april iron2.jpg
    april iron2.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 576
This is my first atempt, im tinkering with my 715T. After i cut the barrel down im still tinkering with the muzzle crown. I thought i messed it up because it wasnt shooting to good last weekend i couldnt get it to hit a thing. After i cleaned it i shot it and i did this with it.

night and day difference but now i need to take more time and try a little harder.

This isnt an official entry i think i can do better. Do any of my scope shots count? I dont think i hit the bullseye on any of them if im thinking what the bullseye is. I think i did better with the actual irons sights then with the scope for some reason.

ok this is my entry, best i could do. I shot a few the first of the month then went today and tried another 50 rounds or so threw it.

I think the 715T is more accurate the cleaner it is. Is anyone else going to post their results or are you hording all your ammo?

Mossberg715Ttargetchallengefinal_zps673c2162.jpg

Yeah - I have a 25 yd scoped entry that I shot today and will post in the AM. Shot until I hit a 50.

Back