aquila mini shot shell

Discussion in 'Ammunition' started by southboothbay kerry, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Rampo

Rampo .22LR

I'm still holding out for supply to catch up with demand. In my opinion, $0.75 per round is too much to pay. My feeling is that the price should settle in around $0.45 per round, (something like $9 - $10 for a box of 20 would be reasonable).
    Ghmann and Elbert Garrett like this.
  2. Ghmann

Ghmann .223

Absolutely. No reason for them to be more expensive to manufacture than standard shells. Still, they are cheaper than other brands, such as Nobel.
  3. Ghmann

Ghmann .223

Well, the mini shell slugs I ordered from Midway USA arrived today. Er, well, half of them anyway. Grrr. I ordered two boxes, was charged for two boxes, but there was only one box in the package. And it was busted open, 20 shells rolling around loose. Man they could do a better job of packing for what they charge for S&H. Sent them an email. We'll see what happens.

Just checked. Now they are out of stock, so it looks like they will need to refund me for a box.
  4. MrSluggo

MrSluggo .22LR

I agree, but Aquila knows that the demand is out there and they can overcharge for the minis.
    Kind of a captive audiience. :)

I got my 2 boxes of mini-slugs in from Midway, packed in a box that could have held 8 boxes of 3" magnums. There was one Aquila box that remained intact, but the other one had decided to release its 20-shells into the packing box.
    I'm going to cut one open and post some pictures in a "Reloading" thread as I'm thinking that there has to be some way to "Roll Your Own".
    (I was going to do that earlier but I slept all day).
    DarkPassenger308 likes this.
  5. Ghmann

Ghmann .223

Midway is going to refund me for the one box that didn't arrive. They said the reported package weight was correct for 2 boxes shipped tho. I have to keep all the packaging until UPS completes their investigation for tampering. The package did not look tampered with to me.
  6. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I stopped being a midway customer a while back. Finally had to resort to disputing the charges for the package because they wouldn't replace the order or give a refund either one. This went on for weeks. What makes it worse is it was just a stupid $9 flash hider. Even escalated with a supervisor trying to get it resolved to no avail.

Once upon a time, I had a dealer account with midway. To say that I spent many thousands of dollars with them would be an understatement when I had my FFL's.

Now, I wouldn't piss on larry potterfield if he was on fire.

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/midway-usa-issues.11146/

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/midwayusa-is-seriously-sucking-lately.16666/
  7. MrSluggo

MrSluggo .22LR

I can't say as I've heard a lot of good about Midway and my only 2 experiences with them, while not BAD, weren't what I expected.

BTW, I haven't gotten around to cutting one of the shells open yet. LIFE has sort of interrupted my plans this last week. :brick: Sheesh.
  8. Ghmann

Ghmann .223

Midway has always been my last resort for items I can't find anywhere else and want to pay top dollar for. Apparently they aren't going to refund any of the shipping cost, so that means I'm paying over $12 shipping for $19 in merchandise.
  9. John A.

Sorry Ghmann.
  10. Ghmann

Ghmann .223

It's not the money, it's the principle... No wait, it is the money. :)
  11. John A.

I see it as both actually.

The money and the principle.
  12. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

Well I'm lucky to say that I've had 100% good luck with them so far, but I doubt I have spent more than $2,000 with Midway. Mainly shells, rings, rails, and small stuff.
    RichardL likes this.
  13. MrSluggo

MrSluggo .22LR

Ghmann likes this.
  14. Ghmann

Ghmann .223

15. Ghmann

Ghmann .223

16. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

I found a 1 box of birdshot at Dong`s in Tulsa last Sunday for $14.99 so I went ahead bought `em just see how they will cycle through my pump gun.....from what I`ve read they seem to like the Winchester 1300.

100_7376.JPG
  17. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .223

Thanks Mr. Sluggo!
    Ordered on Monday and got them today (4 days), they were packed great and arrived in that condition too. Including the $9.99 for shipping my ciphering comes to about $1.34 per shell...proofs in the puddin` I rekon.

100_7487.JPG
  18. RichardL

RichardL .410

You can craft those mini shells pretty easily out of target shells. It's not difficult. Common substitution loading. John A. can tell you all about that. No reason for me to type it all out. You can make a quickie and pretty much free adapter for those mini shells from a strip of steel banding strap. Cut it narrow enough to fit the groove on the bottom of the bolt carrier and solder it to the lifter tabby thingie. File it all smooth and then shrink wrap a piece of wire shrink wrap over it and the tab.