• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My SCAR is in

Hey Dave,

Did you have any issues with your FN factory mag? My Pmags were flawless, but the FN mag that came with it hung up the bolt carrier after the first shot. There's about 1mm of metal that was sheered off the mag lip on the left side...

The bolt carrier is fine, but I'm planning on stickin with Pmags from now on.

I'm surprised the stock mag that came with yours did that and the pmags aren't.

Do you have the trigger assembly out of the SCAR while testing the mags? Every pmag I had was holding that bolt hold lever up slightly, that's when you'll damage your bolt. My stock mag was fine. As long as that wear on your mag is from rounds feeding out of it and the bolt isn't damaged your OK but both my buddy and I had to mod our Pmags..

Those range pics look real good for your first run, very nice LAZY!!!!

Yes Sir, I checked all my Pmags in the dis-assembled lower after I modded the feed lips as well as the FN mag and the bolt catch was free and clear on all of em. On further inspection after my range trip I noticed that the factory mag had a bump on the left lip where it got hung up and the right side was a flush 90°. I'm assuming it's a defect that got past QC. In any case I'm gonna pick up another couple dozen Pmags.

Thanks for the compliment. I was shooting from the bench with no bipod and was unloading pretty quickly. I didn't have a whole lot of time and wanted to get through at least 500 rounds before I left. The rifle was making me look good with only the irons and Eotech! I'll slow it down a bit the next time out and really get her dialed in for some precision shots.

BTW, LAZY how do you like that forward magpul grip on there? I love mine and it helps remind me to keep my damn left hand away from the charging handle which bit both my buddy and I the first time we shot his. :lol: I have those Magpuls on most if not all my AR's and ACR.

You'll only make that mistake once with hand placement thats for sure..

My Scar actually got a bit of a new look just trying to break up the black a little.

Not done just yet or even sure this is the color I'll stick with.

Also LAZY, while at the range yesterday I had my ACR with me and my buddy that had the 50Cal with him also brought his SCAR. His lady liked my ACR over the SCAR due to recoil and smoothness she claimed. Then another one of their friends gave my ACR a run and he too said he liked the feel of the ACR over the SCAR. His lady must have put have put 200-300 rounds through my ACR. As of now I'm more accurate with the SCAR and lovin it!!.

Yeah, I love the AFG. It's much more comfortable than my other standard fore-grips and allows for a more natural shooting position. I plan on using them on all my ARs going forward. Already have the lower profile AFG2 waiting and ready to go on my Spike's upper when it arrives.

Thanks for the comparison, I spent a lot of time looking at both rifles before I made my decision on the SCAR. Still haven't had the opportunity to fire an ACR, but I'm glad you're lovin it.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Thanks for the comparison, I spent a lot of time looking at both rifles before I made my decision on the SCAR. Still haven't had the opportunity to fire an ACR, but I'm glad you're lovin it.

Thing is, it's other people that I've let shoot my ACR that have had the opportunity to shoot my buddies SCAR who are liking the ACR's feel. I haven't made a clear decision and as of now for me it's the SCAR. I think the fact my ACR has the Trijicon on it and buddies SCAR is battle sights could be part of the decision.

Both awesome machines and good at what they where made for...

Re: Another ACR

I like Those a lot! My Problem is Every Time I have $2200+ Cash to buy a Rifle I buy another
1911!! :shock: :?: :mrgreen: I do need a AR Type Rifle though, I think I'm going to build a SBR..

Re: AR Photo Thread

Armalite AR10.

Got it out this afternoon. I bought cheap ammo and it didn't go very well as far as cycling the ammo but it's dead accurate already. I returned all the ammo and picked up some American Eagle which my Saiga SOCOM love so we'll see.

I got it back to the range today after some work. I noticed that the trijicon was moving on the AR10 even though I had her snugged up nice and tight to the rail. I took the Trijicon off and noticed that a screw was missing from the base which connected the base to the scope. To make matters worse, even if I had the missing screw there was no way it was gonna line up with from the base to the scope. So now I'm getting pissed. I get the box out that trijicon came in and the serial number on the scope and box didn't match!!!!

Off the the store I go gun and scope in hand. I walked in threw the gun on the counter threw the box to the scope on the counter and buddy says whats up? I tell him, show him and he was madder than I was. "Get Dave a new scope out of that case get it on this gun and bore sight it now!!" then the owner comes over apologizes for the mix up and hands me a box of 308 rounds for the trouble.

So my brand new Acog and AR10 are shooting excellent. With two adjustments I was dead on @50 yards and this older gentlemen looks over and says "looks like time to get her @100 yards now" so I ran out with new targets and moved out to 100 yards and with 2 clicks down I was dead on again, this little older fella was amazed how easily I sighted it in and how accurate she was. I have the targets from my 100 yard run but I'm too lazy tonight to take the pics but I am very happy with this one, now...

Sorry to hear you had your trouble and I'm glad they made it right. There's something to be said for a shop that takes care of its customers. I've bought all but one of my firearms from the same local shop because they really know how to treat folks.

Also glad to hear you're havin fun with the big 10. I'm really lookin forward to buildin my own once I get my 5.56 finished up.

I switched my Bushmaster over to a magpul PRS buttstock with an Accushot Monopod. It's an incredible combo that sets up a perfect three point shooting base...

The PRS is as solid as they come and has easy turn turrets for adjusting the LOP and cheek weld for a customizable fit.

The Accushot is the most amazing shooting tool I've ever used. I have one on each of my target rifles. The range of adjustment is amazing and the ability to make fine adjustments on target is unrivaled. Depress the quick adjust button for macro adjustments or simply twist the monopod around its threads to raise or lower your crosshairs by a fraction of a milimeter. You never have to take your eyes off the target as you fine tune your elevation.

Hot Damn dude that looks sweet!!! And very effective for bench shooting and sighting in..

Your putting together one of the finest AR's I've seen that's for sure.

A new look to my SCAR

My buddy at the shop has the tan SCAR and mine is all black so we decided to switch butts and see how they look. I'll leave it this way for now and I kinda like it. His with my black butt looks awesome!!

I put a Acog on both my AR10 and LMT. The ACOG's are NCSTAR and my buddy said he's sold a bunch with zero returns or complaints. The one on my LMT I've had for about a week and that thing is dead accurate and for the $$ just an awesome Acog..

Took my son to the range today to try the AR10 for his first time. I had him on the spotter scope and my first shot @100 yards was a bit high. I made one adjustment and took my second shot and I looked over to him and his eyes where pinned wide open, "Dad, the bullseye is gone!!" :lol:

The AR10 is one accurate rifle and from here out i'll be shooting 200 yards..

Thank you Sir,

I thought I had the Bushy finished a long time ago, but I always manage to find something to tweak. I'm REALLY done with it now. I think waiting on my Spike's upper to show up is eating at me so bad I just had to modify something to take my mind off of it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back