• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A new look to my SCAR

Nice look Dave.

The scope I've got on my Bushmaster is an NcStar Mk III Rangefinder. It's a fraction of the cost of most other scopes out there and my results on target haven't suffered a bit from savin a few bucks. They make some great gear.

Re: AR Photo Thread

Here are some pics of the Sightmark magnifier with flip-to-side mount I added behind Eotech on my SCAR...

Thanks guys, I'm diggin it too.

Here is a pic of a couple targets I took from the range today. These are with the AR10 @100 yards. The orange target I only shot at once, the result was very satisfying to say the least..

That LMT is dead accurate too, very impressed with that gun. The tightest fitting AR upper/lower of all. We took my Colt M4 Carbine with a nasty brake on the end of it and shot it open sight. The smoothest AR with little to no recoil, my Son and I very impressed with that one.

Very nice LAZY!! Very nice.

Let me know how that works out for ya, I have 3 eoTECHS sitting in there boxes..

3 EOTechs in boxes! :shock:

Uhh, what are you doin with those?

Rossignol said:
3 EOTechs in boxes! :shock:

Uhh, what are you doin with those?

Ya, they are nice optics but after 50 yards my eyes need a bit of magnification. I'm gonna use them eventually and I'd like to get one mounted on my Colt M4 but I need to remove the FSB and that's not something I really wanna do either. Trijicons and/or inexpensive Acogs are doing a much better job for me ATM..

My eyes could use some help too. At 50 yards the best I can do is cover the target with the bead and attempt to adjust for where my gun tends to wanna place rounds. I have an ACOG-"ish" Bushnell without magnification, its allright, but I really havent had occasion enough to to use it.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Ya, the Colt M4 with the brake it has makes sound and feel like a 30.06 is going off if your near it but shooting it is by far the smoothest yet and easiest to keep on target.

Forgot to mention but there was a Boy Scout Troop there shooting 22Lr and a couple where qualifying for Merit badges. We shook those kids up like non other.. :lol: I told one of the leaders to let me know when the kid would be shooting for his badge so we could give him a break..

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
:lol: HAHA, too funny!

We had my SCAR, AR10, Colt M4 and a Mosin with us and those kids didn't care too much about the boy scouts once they saw our toys.. :lol:

That is a really nice setup. I love the flip to the side magnifier.

I really like the tan furniture on your SCAR.

My shop got a lightly used Rock River AR and the seller was a friend of my buddy that runs the shop. He called me an offered it to me for $800. After some thought and seeing it I decided to sell the shop My Colt HBAR for $1100 and bought the Rock River and pocketed $300, well $200 after adding the tactical light.

This gun's brake was custom installed by a well know gunsmithing shop and my buddy said the brake is top quality, only markings on the top of the brake are "SF".

Front sight folded down, something I've never seen and love!!

Front sight up.

Got it straight to the range this afternoon and she'e dead on @50 yards so far and a fun shooter..

HECK YEAH, that's an A.R.M.S. front sight post!

Great design and very convenient. To me an M4 barrel just doesn't look right without an A2 type sight post, but flip-down sights are hard to beat. A.R.M.S. found a great way to combine the two. I love it.

Congrats on the new rifle!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
HECK YEAH, that's an A.R.M.S. front sight post!

Great design and very convenient. To me an M4 barrel just doesn't look right without an A2 type sight post, but flip-down sights are hard to beat. A.R.M.S. found a great way to combine the two. I love it.

Congrats on the new rifle!

Thanks once again, LAZY!!

Ya, she is a real nice shooter, not as smooth as the Colt M4 setup in very similar design but I'm gonna see if it needs some buffer work to help her out a bit.

Just got through cleaning it and it was shot very little that much is for sure. I pulled the recoil buffer out and it's seems like a pretty heavy spring and it has a long buffer. My buddy said he'll look it over and see what we can do to calm her down a bit.

Congratulations on picking up a nice Rock River Arms AR15!

DHonovich said:
Congratulations on picking up a nice Rock River Arms AR15!

Thanks Dan. I've heard very good things about them and having this one offered to me with some nice goodies on it, over $200 just to thread the barrel and the price of the brake as well as the Daniel Defense fore end, folding front sight, battle sights the price was right at $800!!!!!! I added the eoTECH and a Bravo Company charging handle as well as the tactical light which i'm liking very much and the position is perfect with the bi-pod grip..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back