• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR Drop in Triggers

mingaa

Raconteur
I was shooting my Dreadnought 223/5.56 build with my 300 BLK build Monday side-by-side.

I thought I was fine with the CMMG LPK in the Dread but next to the 3 lb Timney - they were worlds apart.

I'll take out the CMMG and shine it up for another project (hoping for improvements) but I just placed an order for a CMC Tactical FLAT TRIGGER 3.5lb Single Stage Drop-In Trigger from Joe Bob Outfitters - $168 shipped.

I'll do a side-by-side ASAP - knowing JBO that should be quick too!

234450_ts.jpg

Flat trigger vs curve could be interesting too!

690.jpg

This is a 50 yd that I shot with the CMMG - 55gr Hornady fmjbt reloads and the 100 3 shot is below (Brunton 3-9 scope):

Can't wait!! If the trigger improves these I'll be more than happy (there WERE others - these are the best - bipod). The 300 BLK had a Primary Arms red dot so targets are apple to oranges (150 Hornady fmjbt supersonic) BUT it more than showed up IMHO!! I can post them if you want.

300 BLK

Dread carbine.

Last edited:
They get great reviews AND they are made in Texas!!

I love the Timney but so many reviews put them in the same class I thought I'd give it a try!

I use a Timney in my M&P15MOE-OR. I absolutely love it compared to the stock trigger (And the "stock" tuned trigger).

Back