• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ar pistol parts straggling in.

Well when i read your post i had a total duh moment. Kind of a build house with nice wide doors outside and put a 26" for the laundry room hmm how do we get the washer in there ? Yes that actually happened.

Ok gang was not even going to address this portion i think i can say with confidence assembling a lower has been well covered. But did want to point out something it has been my intention to keep this budget friendly i have used several Anderson lowers in the past and find no reason not to they are affordable available and servicable. What i have never used is an Anderson lpk i had purchase one really cheap awhile back and planned to use on this. I opened it up for first time today and gotta say i know whybso cheap its gritty its no nice its first lpk ive used that didnt have proper spots at least lightly polished ugghhh. Not end of world i spent 30 minutes cleaning it up some first LIGHT stoning then a little polish not after match grade but dang can we get just a bit of polish. I wont be using one of these again. Heres a couple before and after. Yes virginia ya typucally get what ya pay for. Did just enough to clean it up. Now lets put it together. 20171011_132051.jpg 20171011_132129.jpg 20171011_140524.jpg 20171011_140615.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, their LPK's are very questionable. Most of the parts are alright, but their trigger and hammer leave a lot to be desired. Feels like you're dragging a cinderblock across hot blacktop.

I used one in one of my builds and while I don't think it was as thick as yours, I can say that some 400 grit sandpaper and a few minutes rubbing the parts back and forth on it sure didn't hurt it any.

Does your hammer have an SS marking on it too?

I've noticed them in a lot of different brand kits.

As for the lower, I have a couple Anderson lowers. Being made in my home state, they're usually readily available. I guess I still should buy a Doublestar lower just to have one.

I figure if worse comes to worse, since the parts from the factory have never traveled in interstate commerce to me, the fed government doesn't really have any official authority over them as long as it's only involved in intrastate commerce. Or so maybe one could argue.

I like the way you think. No SS mark on hammer. All i can say is i have used and recommended anderson lowers many time but theyre standard lpk sucks id be ashamed to sell such a thing if i were them. As for me done all i can for now i have no darn backing plate. I picked up castle nut id forgot but the only backing plate my local guy had was a magpul qd thing and pigs will fly while the all isis chorus sing our national anthem before i spend 28 bucs for a back plate yall do what ya want. Il check over in dothan tommorrow theres a build shop ovet there that will have one as much as i hate walking in that place. Lol, its mall ninja paintball hero heaven them kids got nicest beards you ever saw and joe cool moto tshirts but pretty sure no id cards or passports. Sorry my rant im out till i get rest of pieces.

Woohoo. Missing pieces of puzzle arrived. Its finally together. I picked up some 120 supers and 220 subs this evening at wallybworld so do some testing tomorrow or Sunday need to put on an aiming device first. If alls well im strongly considering a camo spray bomb job. 15079406460302060949185.jpg 1507940762481736210529.jpg5.75 #s without optic im satisfied with that not to light not to heavy.

That's going to be a handy brush/field gun.

I'm confident that it's going to be a good one for you.

Especially with the supersonic bullets where hogs are concerned. They're in the 7.62x39 ballpark ballistic wise.

Subs will do well up close. They're about the same speed and weight as a very hot 45acp.

About same thoughts id had. Always wanted one of them trapper carbines im thinking this is a modern version. Lol

Nice job. I really like my AR pistol. But I will like it even more in the near future.

Dammit fellas.... You gotta stop putting ideas in my head. I'm torn currently between an AR9 carbine rifle, or a .300BLK pistol. And still don't have everything to finish my A2 clone.....

Well, the .30 will be more versatile overall. The AR9 will be a lot cheaper to shoot and would ultimately see more range time between the two by nothing more than sheer economics.

I own both. I enjoy using both. I would have a hard time deciding one over the other if I could only grab one. Both of mine are integrally suppressed and are really sweet shooters.

If you do go with the blackout and decide to suppress it down the road, hit me up. I have some really good recipes for subs. A few of which don't even have any commercial load data for them.

I went to an impromptu gathering of some deploreable Bible thumping gun toting bluegrass listening folks yesterday afternoon. Did some horse trading i swapped a couple parts i didnt need for a set of irons and a little 2.5 fix power shotgun scope. I dont know if this will be the final setup i definetly want some higher scope mounts for the pistol. Low on rifle is my preference but on this pistol i think higher would feel better. Anyhow at least i can go shoot some and see what works and it didnt cost me. 15081635068892125322099.jpg

I went to an impromptu gathering of some deploreable Bible thumping gun toting bluegrass listening folks yesterday afternoon. Did some horse trading i swapped a couple parts i didnt need for a set of irons and a little 2.5 fix power shotgun scope. I dont know if this will be the final setup i definetly want some higher scope mounts for the pistol. Low on rifle is my preference but on this pistol i think higher would feel better. Anyhow at least i can go shoot some and see what works and it didnt cost me. View attachment 16826

Now I feel left out.

Sounds like my kinda people.

You can get cheap tall mounts on ebay. Few examples.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NcSTAR-VISM...&sd=322692156469&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-30mm-1-Dual-Cantilever-Rifle-Scope-Mount-Picatiiny-Rail-Weaver-PEPR-SG-/322692156469?var=&epid=19005579844&hash=item4b21f38c35:g:9nYAAOSw5VtZwOEh

I loaded up and went to the range on base this afternoon.
I was pretty mad having to end my range testing because I WAS OUT oF AMMO !!!! I never run out of ammo this dang gun is fun !!!! I did sight it in and learned some things:
Its a blast to shoot, i shoot alot and get bored easily not today.
A Pistol AR can be much more accurate than i had thought. I give big props to Hardened ArMs great barrel.
I had zero failures however the only ammo i had to test was remington umc 120grn supers and the same in 220 grn subs.
I had no dilusion going in that this would be a precision gun pistol whatever ya want to call it. I was thinking purely brush gun with minute of animal accuracy to at least 100 meters.
What i found was something much more capable. I am actually rethinking my optic choice abit now well see were that goes. It may deserve better.
I need more ammo much to do much to do. I basically sighted it in and was just hoping all functional. Here are few 50 and 100 yard pics. I am quite satisfied so far with first outing. I will say there is zero doubt in my mind that will shoot 1" or better at 100 with a little familiarization and possibly better optic i simply couldnt see my little home made circles that well that i usually shoot at with scoped rifles. Much more to come. I forsee some of my traditional go to guns gathering a lil dust.20171016_172015.jpg 20171016_155603.jpg 20171016_172248.jpg 20171016_171721.jpg

Looks like the gun did really well.

Don't worry about the 220's grouping lower. That's typical. Not only are they twice as heavy, they're also twice as slow, which is going to effect it.

For hunting without a can, stick with the lighter weight supers.

What optic are you considering now?

@John A.
Well im seriously now thinking if it wants to shoot like a good rifle il let it. And just put my typical go to leupo vxll 3x9x40 basic scope on there i have them on almost every deer rifle and they serve me well long time. Pretty much hunt with it on 4 power but have some help at the range. Irregardless of the stigma they get this is purely a hunting gun for me not a hsld tactical weapon.It could serve someone well in that capacity but not my intended purpose. Il may even pull the buis off it lol.
All that said im fairly certain i want an 8" now dedicated NVg gun with hopes of a can in the future.
As a side note i havent used enough to know but im questioning the flash can now. May try just a thread protector next range trip to see any difference penny for your thoughts or experience?

It wouldn't hurt to see what it shoots without the muzzle attachment. Though your results are respectable to me.

Only time I've used a flash can was with a 9mm barrel that was shorter than the handguard, and I added the flash can to make sure my kids didn't get scorched.

The photo that I put up in post #4 are some of my better groups with one of my best recipes.

At 300blackouttalk.com there are a few guys there who shoot regularly at 200 yards that can put me to shame with some of their groups look better than mine do at 100.

Back