• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR15 Rifles and Pistols I have built.

I have the carbine built.

Around 90%+ certain that I want to make an integral suppressor for it now too though. Somewhat as a newer version of the Delisle that I made earlier this summer. It turned out to be an awesome project and gun. I'm so glad that I did it.

But now, I'm wanting to do my own (more modernized) version of it.

And in semiauto rather than bolt action.

1zoc4zR.jpg

Thank you buddy.

That was the first 45acp AR15 I had ever done. I've done a couple 9mm over the years, but that's the first 45acp.

I admit, I'm a sucker for pistol caliber guns.

Thanks, Meanstreak. I really appreciate it.
John A., have you found that alot of the PCC components don't work well together? I have read that alot of stuff from different manufacturers does not mix and match because of the lack of mil-spec on the parts. I have been hesitant to build a PCC because of that. I would like to build a 9mm pistol with a 7.5 barrel for the wife for a house gun, but am unsure about where to start. I figure if I try to say with the same manufacturer on the parts, I should be good.

The thing with PCC's mostly are tuning the buffer and spring accordingly. There are enough topics that mention to use heavy buffers and springs that it's the biggest thing.

And since so many different style of uppers have been made, yeah, it does make it hard to mix-n-match. Seems like there are a half dozen ways to make a PCC these days.

If you're going to make an upper right now, I suggest using KAK bolt and barrels. They're pretty much plug and play and troublefree because they do a lot of the work for you and seems like most people are moving away from the old Colts style that uses modified uzi mags and are largely moving forward using glock (style) magazines.

If you're going to use a 9mm with the KAK bolt and barrel, I suggest combining this buffer with it so they're not as likely to break your bolt catch if you make a BHO upper. https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/upper-parts/barrels/9mm/ar15-9mm-buffer-long

Then of course, I would be interested in fondling one of the radial delayed blowback uppers but I do not feel inferior because I have my guns tuned very well and they work. I'm just curious about that style is all.

I personally would not want a DI 9mm though. But that's just me.

I have used KAK barrels and BCG's in the past and they are solid components. For a left coast company, they ship and deliver fast too. I have called their CS a couple times and they have been great.

Yeah, I got their 45acp bolt and barrel on this project. And have used their 9x39 barrel too (which is awesome).

I think they shipped it in a day or two? Wasn't long. I had it before the next weekend.

As for the 45acp barrel, I also appreciated that it was a faster twist rate than normal too. Most 45acp barrels have been 1:16 twist since, forever. But this one was a 1:10. While I don't really know that it is inherently more accurate at the distances that I normally would shoot, I sincerely do think it would be more stable at longer distances. Not that I often do that, but that's my gut feeling. Kind of like a good football throw affect. Who knows. Maybe I could load up some 45 bullets heavier than the typical 230 grainers ;)

Back