• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Are my fears just.

nasa

.270 WIN
I'm not having fun with my firearms. Reloading supplies now are non-existant, There are no .22, 9mm, .223, and 5.56 ammo on the shelves at any LGS or the bigger stores here in north Texas.

I have about 500 rounds of AR ammo, maybe 180 rounds of 9mm, about 120 rounds of .22, maybe 30 rounds of .410, about 40 rounds of 12 gauge sabots in various size projectiles, about 75 12 ga.slugs, a bit of #00, #6 and #4 in 12 gauge.

I have a range in the back but I flinch every time my wife says "Let's go out and do some target practice." just knowing there isn't anything on the shelves to replace it when it's gone.

A gal came by with some ammo that she bought by accident, it was the wrong size. I don't have a 22 mag but bought what she had for about 75% of the old market prices. 450 rounds of Hornady V-Max 30 grain. I figure I can use it for trading with some of my local buds or I migh just have to pick up a 22 mag .

Depends on why you own firearms. If it’s purely recreational...enjoy them and wait for ammo to show up. If they are defensive sit on your ammo until there is something to replace what you shoot.

I live outside of the city and I tell myself that it is just that "for the common defense" against all varmints, whether they slither, walk on four legs or walk on two legs.

Dysfunctional said:
If you aren't particular who you buy from and can jump on a deal use Gunbot to find deals that you like.

I've picked up a couple of good deals using Gunbot. I've also used the "Notify Me" function on MidwayUSA to let me know when ammo I use is in stock (I think I have notifications on just about every type of 9mm). I was able to pick up some Prvi Partizan 9mm 115gr FMJ for $16.99/box of 50 the other day by using the notifications. I missed out on some Hornady Z-Max 9mm this morning because I slept a little too late. :cry:

nasa said:
I live outside of the city and I tell myself that it is just that "for the common defense" against all varmints, whether they slither, walk on four legs or walk on two legs.
better sit on AR ammo and sidearm of choice......

Oli hit this nail right on the head! It lies with what you use your firearm for... I use my shotgun for HD so my ammunition consumption is not very often. My first range trip in a few months was today with a fellow member and I just made sure that I did take ALL my ammunition. I have some set aside for that "Just in case" situation where I may have to use it to save my life.

Do what is suggested above with the "notification" links. When a deal pops up or you run across some boxes elsewhere, go shoot some rounds. May not be at the level you are used to but some shooting is better than none. I have more ammo than you but I'm waiting until I acquire more before I step back out onto the 3 gun range...I may "plink a bit...

I need to dial in my rifle and then it’s a reload fest , then I'll reevaluate. Always looking for reloading components.....I only really buy projectiles online but they are dried up most places.
The gunbot thing is cool.....wish the reloading section was done. The primers are cool, prices are inflated some and then there is the $25 hazmat on powder and primers that ruins it for me......but locally its tapped so I’m glad we have a decent stock pile of components.....never enough though. And I got to be careful….I could burn 1000 round in my new rifle in a heartbeat.

I must +1 the "Gunbot" !! That is an awesome way to find ammo and as soon as a have a pistol in hand I will be getting some ammunition by using it! :D Thanks for that share of information

….I could burn 1000 round in my new rifle in a heartbeat.

I hear ya, Oli...I'd be depleted in no time if my gun had that appetite...wait, it does, but I'm its dietician...

nasa said:
r I migh just have to pick up a 22 mag .

I just sold my Winchester 275 22 mag....too bad. I wasn't to thrilled with it...but I sold it to my neighbor. He loves it.

Shotgun shells are readily available here. Other stuff is not. So I just play around with my shotty.... I need a slug barrel for my mossy come to think of it.....

Back