• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Are There Any UK Members On Here?

Very good! You mean the CORRECT side of the road.. ;)

The problem seems to be a UK-specific way of restricting the magazine capacity. I reckon I've got it figured now though.

I removed the factory magazine end cap and removed the metal plug with pliers expecting the wooden dowel to fall out and increase my capacity. Nope. No dowel present. But to my confusion I still couldn't get any more than 3 rounds into the magazine.

I shone a torch down the magazine tube to discover that the mag tube has been crimped all the way round it to a depth of about 2mm. :mad:

I'm now mulling what to do next. How do you remove the mag tube? Once removed I could either try and squeeze the crimp out somehow trying not to buckle the tube or get a local machine shop to turn me a new tube..

The RIGHT side is the CORRECT side. There's only a few countries that get it wrong.;)

You should be able to clamp the receiver in a vise (use padding!) and use a strap wrench to unscrew the mag tube. If you try pliers, use padding and be careful not to crush it.

If that doesn't work, use a hair dryer to apply heat to the receiver right where the mag tube screws in. With heat applied, try again to unscrew it.

Im uk mate, you are aware if you make your shotgun more than 3 rounds on a sgc you're breaking the law?

Last edited:
Ahh good do, congrats! Yeah your magtube is crimped i believe its possible to have uncrimped by your gunsmith, if not then you can contact brownells UK they will be able to get you an original non crimped one

Im guessing its a 930?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hmm possibly, im stumped because the 930jm pro has extended mag tube? View attachment 10249

That's not an "extended mag tube". The original length mag tube is still there, under the forend, but instead of just a cap on the end, there is a "mag tube extension".

Check here and you'll see what I mean: LINK (Watch the video.)

Last edited:
Guys. Just to clear the confusion (if there is any). I'm not talking about a magazine tube extension like from choate or NC etc. I'm talking about the magazine tube that all guns come with from the factory..

Guys. Just to clear the confusion (if there is any). I'm not talking about a magazine tube extension like from choate or NC etc. I'm talking about the magazine tube that all guns come with from the factory..
Understood ring your local gun smith correct me if im wrong but they should be able to uncrimp it

Back