• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Are there any videos out there on how to use a 930?

I have never fired anything other than a Daisy 102 BB gun and that was almost 45 years ago. Assuming I pass background, I will pick up a Mossberg 930 SPX "Tactical" semi-auto shotgun next week. I'm signed up for a class on shotgun safety next month, however, are there any videos out there on how to use? Most of what I can find on YouTube are just reviews and the Mossberg website is a little lacking.

I'd like to show up to class at least knowing a little bit.

Thanks!

I think if you go to the Mossberg website you can download a pdf of your owner's manual. That should be an essential read.

The NRA is the PREMIER gun safety organization in the country. Do not listen to the bitches who badmouth them unenlighteningly... :mad: The stigma the fake news puts on them/us is unwarranted. As a Life Member, I will support them until I die. Here is a good place to start: LINK Feel free to search the site because there is a lot of info and you might even find a "review" of the gun you just bought. They also offer FREE Hunter Education to many states. I took the course online (free here in FL) last year and is was excellent and highly recommended for a new gun owner, whether it be pistol, rifle or shotgun. Check with CA Hunter Education--maybe the course is offered there, as well but I doubt your weinie gov't would be associated in any way with the NRA... :(

I'm sure Gootube has 1000s of acceptable vids. I would look at Jerry Miculek's channel (he is the "JM" in the 930 JM Pro) and Hickok45 is another. That would be a start.

Good Luck and education is the key to gun safety! :)

"Shotgun Safety" is markedly different than social use, as is the NRA course(BTDT). Having said that, for someone very new to the platform, that is a very reasonable starting point.

Fundamentally, know the location of your safety and how to activate/deactivate it, know how to load your weapon and, ideally, unload it. I suspect that these operations will be the majority of the class.

Back